Chapter 11 (End of Book One: part one)

Miakoda stood watching as Illidan rose above the heroes of Azeroth. Tall and proud he stood but to Miakoda a feeling of loneliness crept up on her slowly. Eventually she turned away and went to sit on a cliffside letting the feeling of the setting sun caress her skin. She sighed as she closed her eyes and let a lingering memory come back, a memory of a childhood that was no longer her own...

Miakoda sat crying under a tree, as she cried footsteps told her that someone approached. "Little Koda, why are you crying?" The owner of the footsteps asked as she looked up to see Malfurion had come to her.

"Why does everyone hate me?" She asked as Malfurion sat down next to her and pulled her small form onto his lap. She curled closer to him and he smiled sadly.

"They don't hate you my dear, they don't understand how you survived the attack of the demons and no one else did." They stayed like that for a while longer, with Malfurion explaining as much as he could...

Mia opened her eyes and stood up, she looked out over the ocean but before she could move pain erupted from the middle of her chest as a demonic voice growled in her ear. "No one can save you now, Miakoda, your life is forfeit..." The pain intensified as the demon pulled the blade out of her and she collapsed onto her knees. But as everything started to fade slowly into quiet and true darkness heard a familier voice calling out to her.

"MIAKODA!!" But the voice sounded to far away and the pain that was once there slowly ebbed away as she collapsed fully onto the ground. Before everything went dark, though, she felt the arms of a familier person pull her close. "Miakoda... Oh please Miakoda... My little Koda... Don't go.." the person begged as she recognized him to be Malfurion.

"I'm.....sorry....dad...." Were the only words that Miakoda could muster before everything faded.

*******

Malfurion held Miakoda's still form in his arms, his tears now shedding without cease. He carefully held her as Tyrande's voice called out. "Malfurion! Miakod-!!" At the sight of her husband holding their beloved adopted daughter, Tyrande paused in her tracks with Illidan just behind her. They were not the only ones as the Illidari, Miarri, and several druids came running up to see what was going on. Before them Miakoda lay still in Malfurion's arms. Tyrande felt uncontrollable tears begin to fall, Illidan turned to see the demon responsible for this tragedy attempting to sneak away and was instantly upon it, slaughtering it in less then a heartbeat. When he turned back he saw his twin looking to him, a rare look of begging in his eyes as Illidan sighed. Illidan felt rage and pain in his heart as he searched for Miakoda's soul.

"Her soul! It is not in the Twisting Nether!" Surprise overcame him as he searched and searched to no avail. Malfurion felt fear overcome him.

"But surely she has to be there! Where else could her soul have gone?!" Tyrande asked out of desperation as Illidan looked to the blade used to kill Miakoda. He held it out to Malfurion and he heard his brother swear.

"The thing you call the Emerald Nightmare has stolen her away and now she will live out in the Nightmare unless we can find her." Illidan spoke with new purpose. Miakoda, fight it for as long as you can. Soon we will be reunited. Illidan  begged what little of her soul remained in the Nether to do as it looked to him with fear. Fight it and I will find my way to you.

*******
A/N: Sorry for the long wait on this chapter. But as it is this is the end of this part of Miakoda's story. The next one will be called "Demon Hunter: Dream of Nightmares" and will be Book One: Part 2 to Mia's story where we will explore further into Miakoda's true family and read on her more 'inner' feelings about having become a Demon Hunter.