Chapter 9

Thunder boomed in the distance as the rain began to pour. As a flash of lightning crashed down, the light revealing Miakoda staring down the cliff and at both Illidari and Miarri as they set up camp. Miakoda kneeled down and rested her right knee down onto the soaked ground and lowered her head trying to keep tears from shedding; she placed a hand on the ground and tried to hold back a sob but then she stood and regained her composure as she felt Illidan call to her. She closed her eyes and her spirit entered the Twisting Nether.

"Miakoda..." Illidan held her close as his wings wrapped around her, her wings had drooped slightly and he could only hold her near. "There was nothing you could have done to save Ysera."

"I know but it still hurts to have seen her fall so easily to corruption."

"I know. I know." Illidan placed a hand on her head as he held her close to him. "Return to your body and rest. You will need it." He urged her as she nodded and left him.

When she looked up it was still raining and she was soaked thoroughly but she didn't care as her wings spread out to stretch her muscles in them and soon she turned to her tent and walked into it but did so with a heavy heart. As she lay down, the sound of the storm stopped and the nature around her came to life, in the distance wolves howled as crickets chirped and owls hooted.  The predators and prey of the night time are out. Malfurion used to teach about these creatures and I always envisioned myself as one of them... How ironic that now I AM a predator but my prey are the demons of the legion... With that lingering thought Miakoda closed her eyes and fell into a deep sleep.

*****

Several days passed and Miakoda planned out the attack on the Tomb to rescue her beloved's body. As she looked over the Tomb, her childhood memories came back and she remembered the time before this all began, a time where she was innocent of everything around her, innocent to this cruel and harsh world she had come to know and somewhere in her mind that child rose to speak with her.

Why? It asked her as she closed her eyes to see the Night Elf child. Why did we turn evil? Why didn't we follow daddy?

Because of the demons. Miakoda spoke to the girl before her, unknown to Mia, Illidan watched with interest as she interacted with this child. They made us, made me, this way. If something isn't done about them many more will be harmed or worse.

Oh...the younger Miakoda spoke with sadness.

Soon the girl was replaced with a vengeful teenage Mia, who looked her adult self over. Do I really become you? Powerful enough to take on a demon swarm and take revenge for what happened to me all those years ago?

Yes, Miakoda nodded. But even more so. WE have become the chosen mate to Illidan Stormrage.

Finally, strong enough to withstand the Burning Legion, but... Mate to Illidan?

Yes, He chose us, chose me, to be forever at his side to fight back the Legion. I just hope I can make it in time to save him before something happens.

The teenage Mia vanished leaving Miakoda alone to her thoughts until a noise woke her from her slumber. She stood upright and calmly, ever so calmly, strode out of her tent to see creatures know as Felstalkers coming into the camp. "Lady Miakoda! What do we do?!" One of the lingering Illidari asked as Mia looked the beasts over. 

"Felstalkers, but I see no demon masters." Mia approached the lead Felstalker, who nuzzled Mia's hand gently. "Take them and armor them up for our use. We have new Allies." The remaining Illidari did as told and Miakoda looked out over the remainder of the camp, but someone came running towards them. The Miarri lifted their glavies up but Miakoda held out a hand to steady them.

When the person drew close, they called out. "Illidan's body has been moved! He is now in the Nighthold!" The person spoke as Miakoda frowned.

"Come rest in the camp we made, I will head to aid the Heroes in the Nighthold." With that Miakoda took off, to head towards the home of the Nightborne. I'm coming Illidan.