Chapter 3

†Song to be played at when Tyrande says "Miakoda, daughter?"†

Blades met the weapon of the Warden name Maive. "How dare you strike at my trainees!" Miakoda snarled as her wings spread wide, Malfurion and Tyrande came running to see what the commotion was and saw that the area for the Demon Hunters was overrun by the Wardens. "You dare to trespass here!" Miakoda snarled with the hint of her demon coming through.

"You are no better then Illidan and should be imprisoned!" Maive growled back at Miakoda.

"Miave! Leave her and her Demon Hunters alone!" Tyrande called out as the Wardens and Hunters alike stopped and looked to the two monarchs of the Night Elven race. Maive and Miakoda however were still clashing weapons and growling at each other. Miakoda's weapons mimicked the Blades that Illidan carried but were a hint less powerful then the Lord of the Demon Hunters.

"They are no better then the demons!"

"I will not go down without a fight Maive." Miakoda growled as they clashed again. Mia's Trainees, her charges, were in danger and like a mother bear protects her young, she would defend her charges with her life.

"I didn't expect you to. Which is why I am going to say that we have your master." At that Miakoda flapped her wings and lunged away. "He is gone and soon all those will Fel energy will follow. Give up and your sentence will not be as harsh!"

"Bite me!" Miakoda hissed dangerously.

"Maive this is my Daughter you speak to in such a tone!" Tyrande finally gained the undivided attention of both and Maive spoke again.

"She is no better then Illidan! She carries the taint of the Fel energies within her!"

"We are aware but she is also in control of those energies better then any I have seen." Malfurion spoke calmly. "She has harmed none."

Maive seemed to become even more enraged. "But she will lose control!"

"Maybe I will Maive Shadowsong. But what makes you any better then I? By battling the energy of the Burning Legion within my own body I become stronger then they. What would you give to see this land safe?" Miakoda questioned while pointing to the lead Warden with one of her warglaives, as Miave looked to her.

"Everything." She responded not seeing where this was going. Miakoda's weapons were carefully placed between her wings as they had stopped fighting. In Maive's eyes Miakoda looked every bit the feminine version of Illidan.

"Then understand that I already have given everything. Yes, Illidan was only my guide but I was set on this path as a child. The Burning Legion took my family and my friends from me when I was but a child. Malfurion and Tyrande took me in and raised me to being a grown woman but my heart holds nothing more then vengeance for the Demons. In order to protect those that I hold dear, I had to become the thing I most hate. I am neither Night Elf but nor am I a Demon. I sacrificed myself and in return I am strong enough to take on hundreds if not thousands of Demons." Miakoda spoke calmly which Malfurion and Tyrande knew to be a prelude to Miakoda's coming rage.

"You have...defected...from Illidan?" Maive asked confused. Tyrande and Malfurion looked to her also confused as Miakoda nodded.

"In a sense, yes. I owe Illidan my life for saving me from the killing blow of a Pit Lord but that is as far as my loyalty to him goes. Sometimes to protect those you love the most, you have to become the thing you despise the most." Miakoda said as Malfurion and Tyrande understood the wisdom she did not yet understand herself. "Maive you have, in your lust to hunt down Illidan, become worse than I. You could more or less be called obsessive, but you have become blinded by your hate for what has transpired in the past. I only care about protecting my home from the Demons."