Chapter 10

Miakoda noted something near the entrance to the city and landed heavily on the ground where several enemy Nightborne went flying. "Miakoda!" Tyrande called out as Mia looked her way. Miakoda tossed one of her warglaives towards those enemy's surrounding her adopted mother and frowned as she stood up. Many of the enemies could not tear their gazes away from her and as Miakoda stood she spoke with a growl to her voice, "ENOUGH! HAVE YOU NIGHTBORNE FALLEN SO FAR AS TO ACCEPT THE ESSENCE OF DEMONS?" Miakoda walked forward, catching her warglaive as it was tossed back to her. "Look at yourselves. Such pathetic, weak and feeble creatures you have become to need the power of the Nightwell and Demons. Illidan did better to teach his forces to handle and hunt the demons then any of you could ever hope for." Miakoda's voice hinted at what truly lay beneath her words, but one of the Nightborne soldiers pointed out that she looked more demon then Elf, she only scoffed. She set down a glavie into the ground, albeit rather forcefully, and gripped him around the throat. She lifted him above the ground and growled in a very threating beastial way, "I am stronger then the demons, when my chance to take vengeance for those I lost came my way I leapt at it, the Legion must pay for the pain and suffering they have caused..." She crushed his throat as her glowing ghostly green eyes grew brighter, "...And no one will stand in my way of stopping them." With that she broke his neck and he stilled, becoming limper then a wet noddle as she tossed him away, she looked around as many of the Nightborne watched her with fear clearly read in their eyes. "Now where is this Gul'dan?" She growled low as one of the Nightborne squeaked out the orc's location.

Tyrande looked to her adopted daughter, My dear little moonlight...What has become of you? Tyrande felt tears in her eyes and felt a lingering sadness in her beating heart for her beloved child. What has become of the little girl that Malfurion would hold in his arms when storms would scare her? The daughter whose curiousity often lead her to be in trouble more times then one? What happened to my once baby girl? The pain in her heart was that of a grieving mother, a mother who had lost her child to the cold darkness without even being able to say goodbye. Once everyone had moved into position, Tyrande felt Miakoda approch but her approach was slightly wary, almost scared, but Tyrande knew that Miakoda was there to speak.

"Mommy?" Miakoda asked as Tyrande looked up from her hands, her motherly instincts kicked in as she heard the fright in her grown daughters voice. She turned around to see Mia looking down at her hoofed feet. "Mom, I'm..."

"Don't and sit down." Tyrande pointed to a nearby chair that she sat in as Mia sat down on the ground in front of her. Tyrande took her brush and removed Mia's ponytail and began to brush her hair out. This thing that most considered a useless form of bonding was, in truth, one of the best ways Tyrande had discovered to help calm the nerves of both her and Mia. "You need to brush you hair more often, it's a mess of tangles." Tyrande spoke as Mia smiled.

"Kind of hard when I'm blind and have horns..." Miakoda sighed with a touch of guilt. Tyrande sighed but continued to brush Mia's tangeled mess that she called hair. Once it was fully brushed out  they spoke for a few more moments then Mia returned to her Miarri, still with heavy thoughts upon her mind.

**********

"So she still doesn't know? How sad, Tyrande and Malfurion refuse to tell her what really happened to her true parents."

As the voice spoke a saytr walked up to the owner of the voice, "Why would they deny her the truth? Are they afraid of you?"

"No, they are afraid of her and the power she wields both of the Nightmare and now the power of the fel, she is the ultimate weapon."

"What makes her so special, I understand she carries the power of fel but how did she gain the power of the Nightmare?"

"Her birth father."

"You are her father?!"

"Yes, being how I am, I realized I could not have the woman I worshipped and so settled for someone who was second best but only after I was connected to the Emerald Nightmare. The woman bore me a child but this child was a daughter, a daughter who the woman stole away from me while she was still too young to remember me."

"But my Lord, would it not be in your best interest to get her back?"

"She will have to come to me. By now Malfurion has poisoned her against me. So I will have to come up with a plan to reveal the truth to her."

"Shall I prepare for her arrival?"

"Yes, it is time I fetched Malfurion once more." A dark laugh escaped the shadowy owner of the voice as the Satyr left the room. Soon Miakoda, you will be mine as you should have been from birth...