4.

Sitting in a room with Troye, Tyler, Brendon and Dallon was absolutely terrifying because it had been half an hour without anyone talking. I wanted to say why the fuck am I here, but I was aware Dallon would probably tear my head off, so.

"Right, you clearly dont remember a flying fuck about your family, except what people told you, so Tyler, Brendon and Troye are going to go through it all with you," I heard Tyler groan which made Brendon chuckle, but Troye sat there listening to Dallon.
"The reason theres three of them to explain, is because I'm 98% sure Tyler is going to want to kill you sooner or later, purely because you'll be asking questions constantly, and he's impatient and gets irritated easily," Tyler scoffed but there was a smile on his face.
"Brendon is there to help explain, and Troye will be there incase one of you try to kill each other!"

I didnt know how or what Troye would do, he looks like a lost puppy.

"Precisely, he's a werewolf" Brendon spoke up, smirking at me. Troye laughed and stood up, and everyone else did so I copied.

"Righto, lets go to the treehouse!" I figured that Brendon is always so happy, I dont know how.

"You get used to it, Joshua!"

-------------

"Okay, so what do you remember about your parents?"

"They got killed by vampire killers and I got sent here"
Of course Tyler laughs, followed by Troye chuckling.

"What's so funny?"
"That isnt what happened, at all"

"Do you reckon he got compelled?"

"Wait, but I thought vampires cant compel other vampires?"

"Well, they normally cant. But sometimes if they're powerful enough, then there's nothing stopping them"

I looked around helplessly, realising I basically know nothing about my family. Its scary knowing all along it was a lie, and if I didnt come across Brendon, I would probably forever believe it.

"Okay, so your parents. Your dad, Bill, he was a good man. In the 1900's he was a doctor. He went to England to help during the first and second war. Obviously no one knew he was a vampire, and therefore didnt know how he managed to save so many people. He stayed in England until 1946, then moved back here."

"Right," Brendon piped up. "Your mother is a whole other story. She's whats known as a ripper. They just go around killing innocent people,"

"Bloodoholic is what we call them, like alcoholic but bloodoholic because they like blo-"

"We get it, Troye. Anyway, she hated your dad. Like, she was repulsed by him. She had met someone called Niklaus or Klaus for short. He- he's very powerful. Hes apart of the-"

"He's an original," all heads including mine turned to see Dallon walking in with a glass of what looked like blood.
"Klaus is the most powerful vampire, he's 567 years old"

"567? Fucking hell"

"Yeah, well no one has seen him or heard of him for 200 years because he's been locked up, but surprise surprise, he escaped. Anyway, your mother met him and he was extremely weak because he just escaped-"

"Where was he locked up?"

"In a tomb under the old church. Its where all the vampires were put after they were exposed. So, your mum met him and helped him. Klaus was clearly attracted to her after she took care of him and helped him blend in a bit, but then your dad came in. Now, what Brendon forgot to mention was how Bill was not a vampire when he met your mother. He found her and Klaus, and he was aware of him,"
he sat down next to Tyler, who I've noticed has been staring at me the whole time.
"Your great, great grandfather, Jack Dunsmorian, was the one who exposed the vampires. He worked with someone called Elijah. This was in 1449, when Klaus turned. Jack and Elijah made a device to track the vampires and it worked. He got them all trapped in the tomb. It went on for years until they found Klaus and put him in there. So, when your mum found Klaus, and your dad found them, Klaus attacked him. He had his blood in his system, and then your mother killed him. So, he turned, obviously."

"Wait, I'm seriously confused. My mum killed my father?"

"Basically, your mum was aware of what your great, great grandfather did, and wanted revenge. But she ended up falling inlove with him, hence why Klaus got so mad" Tyler finally spoke up, and I was relieved to have him say it so simple.

"So, if my parents didnt die like I thought, what actually happened?"

"It was Klaus. Your mother ran off with your father and had you and everything was going fine until Klaus finally found your location. He killed your father first, as your mother hid you and her in the basement. She turned you, Josh. She didnt want you to die. Klaus took her away, but compelled you to believe that vampire killers murdered them."

"But I thought my father turned me, he told me to come here."

"No, that's what Klaus made you believe"

"So my mother could still be alive?"

"Possibly, yes."

"Dallon," a girl with bright orange hair came running through the door, making everyone stand up.
"Its Spencer. He's here."