Riddles

Reincarnation

Chapter 6:

1889

Earl Ciel Phantomhive sat down at the desk in the study of his London townhouse and began to write on the blank white paper of his empty journal. He had come to realise that he needed to write everything down in order inform his future descendants about the other side of his life. The darker side that involved killing people for the sake of Queen Victoria.

I, Ciel Phantomhive, am now a demon. I am still contracted to the demon Sebastian Michaelis who is the current source of annoyance for me.

Now that he has lost his meal he walks around with a blank face and speaks in a deadpan voice. I now recall my earlier days with him fondly. I am willing to do anything to return him to his original personality. I miss that personality.

Ciel stopped writing for a second and hastily scratched out the last sentence. He wasn't planning on showing too much weakness in his diary. He re-inked his pen and continued writing.

On the subject of memories I now have all of mine and I have realised all the trouble Sebastian went to in order to frame Alois Trancy for the death of the my parents. This has proved to me that he was willing to do anything in order to consume my soul. This may be the reason that explains why he is so emotionless now. He put in all that effort and yet he achieved nothing. Now he is still contracted to me until I die or he consumes my soul which is currently not possible.

Ciel paused to take a bite of the Bakewell tart that Tanaka had baked for him- it wasn't anything like Sebastian's, but Sebastian only faked making food for him now. He had accepted the snack from Tanaka to dispel the old butler's suspicions, although Ciel knew that he was aware of the change in him.

In this journal I am going to document the important events in my life.

I was born in 1875...

My aunt became a vicious mass murderer called "Jack the Ripper"...

I was turned into a demon...

The documenting continued late on into the night. Tanaka had supplied him with candles and suggested that he go to bed, but Ciel refused. He had to finish before Sebastian arrived back at the townhouse. He had sent Sebastian away for a few days on the pretext that the entire manor needed to be refurbished.

At 3 o'clock in the morning he finally finished describing the events in his life which filled two whole journals. He quickly skimmed what he had written and came to a decision about how he should end his description of his life.

The descendant that finds these journals should be a worthy descendant if they manage to solve all the puzzles I left behind to hide my secrets. I would also like the ancestor that finds these to be just like me, young and curious.

If you are the person that solved the puzzles that I left behind and meet the aforementioned requirements, then please take the ring that should be with these journals. The ring has fragments of my soul contained within. If you wear it, sooner or later Sebastian will be drawn to you, attracted by the scent of my soul.

There is also something important that you must know before following the aforementioned instruction.

I am a made demon, therefore I can die.

I cut myself on a paper knife yesterday and I still have the scar. It did heal quickly, but it left a mark. Judging from this I believe that I can die.

I do not want extra life, I achieved my life's aim, I achieved revenge. There is nothing left for me here. I want to die.

If I die, the contract ends and Sebastian is free.