Reunion

Reincarnation

Chapter 17:

Sebastian stared down at the teenage boy that he held in his arms, observing for signs of life. The boy's body had been still since he had made the contract. Using his teeth he pulled off his glove and felt the boy's neck for a pulse, noting as he did, the cold temperature of the ghostly pale skin.

He wondered which Ciel Phantomhive would be present when the boy's body came to life again. His precious young master?

After spotting the contract symbol on the descendant's right eye, he had formulated the hypothesis that the original Ciel's soul was somehow attached to the descendant- this suspicion had been confirmed when he had spied on Ciel getting dressed for school that morning, through means of double reflection, he had spotted the Phantomhive ring on a silver chain around the boy's neck.

To be doubly sure of his theory Sebastian had made specific comments and observed the boy's reactions. Ciel Phantomhive the second was a polite and reserved boy whereas Ciel Phantomhive the first had always been demanding and less polite so he had known when his young master's soul had been dominant due to the scowling and the annoyed replies.

His ears pricked up at the sound of a pair of shoes tapping against the laminate floor of the school hall. William T. Spears in his customary black suit and polished shoes was walking towards him.

"You're mine now, demon," he said in a slight smug voice. "When he wakes up, he will transfer the power to order you, over to me. Then we will take him to our realm. Don't worry about his health, we will keep him alive or at least his soul."

Sebastian raised his eyebrows. "So that was what you wanted all along, the power to make me do your bidding? For this you illegally reincarnated souls and genetically engineered a child with the appearance of Ciel Phantomhive?"

Will stopped right in front of him. "Yes. The Grim Reapers and Demons are at the brink of war and we need you on our side. You are... unique as a demon, you will do anything for only one soul. It would be useful if you converted others into your way of thinking."

The key to the Grim Reaper's motive had been there all along. When Sebastian had visited Weston College for the first time, Will had stated that there was a shortage of souls for Grim Reapers which suggested that they were being stolen by something else that needed souls to survive.

"How did you convince Ciel Phantomhive the second into giving away his soul for this?" Sebastian asked and tightened his grip on his young master. The thought of him being taken away by the reapers was not pleasant for him.

Will pushed his glasses up his nose. "I threatened to murder his parents and his only friend. That was the only reason we reincarnated Trancy and made sure that he met the boy, he was just a useful bargaining tool. As I thought that the boy might welcome the idea of his parents dying, I made sure to make a threat on Trancy's life. But, enough of that, we have got what we need now. Once the boy wakes up and issues the order for you to be under my control, we can leave here."

"Good job on killing that science teacher," Ronald Knox interrupted the deadly silence that had been permeating the atmosphere in the school hall by striding in with his death scythe. "You sped up events again and made our job easier. Did you ever think of killing him, Will?"

Will looked insulted. "Of course, why do you think I didn't fire him after that fiasco last year? If the demon hadn't done it, I would have killed him myself in order to spur Phantomhive into making the contract."

Sebastian kept quiet, allowing them to argue to stall for time. His young master needed to take control of his descendant's body and for that , time was needed.