Sorry again

(Have another CATS fanfiction)

   She wandered to the edge of junkyard, her legs shaky from years of being curled up in the darkness to be hidden from the hatred that flew towards her daily. Grizabella was an old cat, yes, and liked by none in the Jellicle Tribe. Usually on any regular basis, she would leave the tribe alone to save them wasted moments of silence and to save herself moments of embarrassment. This was not one of those times. It was her monthly visit with her son, Munkustrap. Has anyone found out yet where he was then? At the edge of the junkyard? Thoughts ran through her mind as she limped towards her old home.
       The black and white tabby was sitting on a dented trash can outside, looking up as his mother came towards him. "Mother.. There you are.." He jumped down and made his way over to her. They rubbed faces before staring at each other.
  "Munkie.. Look at just how big you've grown.. I've never noticed.. Your father must be so proud of you.." Her sentences were choppy as she managed a smile. He laughed as tears threatened his light green eyes.   "I wish everyone would let you back in.." He smiled, looking back at his home before hatching a plan. "Mother! I have an idea!" He whispered, leaning over to her ear to whisper his plan to her.
   Months later, the Jellicle Ball began, cats singing and dancing about themselves and all of the famous cats. Munkustrap ran to the border while everyone was distracted by the famous Rum Tum Tugger's dancing. "Mother, hurry!" He motioned to her, assisting her in climbing over the trash in the way. He ran back before anyone but Alonzo could notice, but he made no big deal about it.
  Grizabella strutted in at what she felt was the right time. Holding her head up in pride, she hoped for someone to accept her by now. Her hopes had been shattered as she noticed everyone clearing the area around her. Munkustrap couldn't believe his family. Everyone was taught to like all members, minus the ruthless Macavity. His mother was never on the list. Who hated someone enough to to make their whole family despise of them? His mother made her way towards him. This plan was failing. She did not feel the hope and love she felt in her previous years. Grizabella's eyes prickled with tears. Did everyone hate her this much? Her questions were answered as someone clawed at her, growling, as a message to leave. Munkustrap couldn't believe his clan! Hadn't his father tought them the right ways of kindness and acceptance? Everyone praised him, why couldn't they praise the cat who once was accepted? Grizabella began to introduce herself in the form of song. Munkustrap stared at her. His old mother was being harassed by her home. Quaxo brushed up against his leg, knowing how it felt. Thoughts raced through his mind. How would Tugger react to the mentor he loved and accepted as his own mother? How would Jellylorum react to seeing her old pal, her best friend, dilapidated and old? Or Old Deuteronomy? His mother was shunned off before he could notice. The ball continued. His plan had backfired.
   Grizabella ran to the other edge of the junkyard, tears wetting her mangey fur. Her legs shook before she heard another voice in the darkness. "Mother..." She didn't want to turn to face her son. She was so ashamed to stand before the one cat that cherished her.
   "Mother, please, please.. They don't hate you as much as you thi-" "Do they really? They do, I assure you. They wouldn't care if I was hit by one of those monsters. None of them!" She turned around, screeching. Munkustrap was frightened so badly by her yelling. He stumbled backwards until turning to run.
   Although he probably didn't want her to, and although the plan was probably forgotten at this point, Grizabella made her appearance once more. Munkustrap looked over at Tugger, who was staring in slight awe. He was convinced she was dead by now, for Munkustrap never spoke of her. Grizabella stepped into the spotlight, hoping to get her message out before she would probably perish in the darkness one night. She started to sing, hoping someone would understand.
  Grizabella felt her legs get weaker as she neared what she thought was the end of her song. She fell to the ground, sure that these were her last moments. Before she knew it, another voice joined in with her. She looked up to see one of the youngest of her tribe, Jemima. The young kitten had always wanted to befriend her, reaching out to touch her and let her know everything is ok, but she was always pushed away from fear of the other cats. Grizabella sang with her until she felt strength, love, and hope course through her veins. She belted out the rest of her song, feeling all eyes on her. She ended her song and stared up at the moon. Prepared to be shunned off, she was surprised when Victoria reached out to touch her paw. She rubbed against it before meeting the elder cat's eyes with a smile. Cats ran towards her, cherishing what they had never seen in her before; hope. Grizabella smiled, seeing Tugger take her paw, Jellylorum rub against her arm, and Old Deuteronomy wrap his arm around her shoulder. This was it. He led her around to get one last glimpse at everyone and what used to be the loving home she had never forgotten. She was raised up on a tire with him before taking steps to her destiny.
   Munkustrap took his last few looks at his loving mother. The mother that once left him but returned soon again. This would be one of those times, for it happened often when he was kitten, but she would never return again. His eyes flooded with tears as he said one last goodbye to his mother, but soon turned to continue the Jellicle Ball with her memory in mind.

The Randomness That Is Meजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें