IX // I'm Allergic to People

Wednesday

September 9, 1977

Gryffindor Dorm

The first few things that crossed my mind this morning when I woke were as follows:

1. I forgot about bloody detention. I'm Eva Bishop, I just don't go around partying and forgetting about detention!

2. I definitely drank too much firewhisky last night. Exactly the reason why I don't party - I'm too much of a lightweight. I literally only drank one cup. 

3. Sadly, I didn't drink enough to forget that I was kissed by Marlene McKinnon. On the lips. With people around. Remus saw! (I think). I mean of all the things I expected to happen, none of them did. None of them! Zero. Nada. 

Oh well, lets stress my life away, shall I? It's six thirty, no one's awake, as usual, yada yada, I know the drill. Let's get breakfast over and done with, shall we?

Wednesday

September 9, 1977

Great Hall

Well that was a surprise. 

I got down for breakfast and the hall was practically empty, aside from the usual few Hufflepuffs, Ravenclaws and Gryffindors. Do all the Slytherins normally sleep late? Is that a Slytherin trait? Probably.

Anyway, Black was nowhere to be seen, which came as both a surprise and a relief, and Dorcas was sitting by herself, and I guess, well, after coming in and seeing she was looking straight at me, was waiting for me. 

She grinned as I sat down across from her and looked to her left and right before whispering, "Is it true?"

Is what true? That I'm going around kissing girls now? 

"Is what true?" There. Let her think about it.

"Don't play stupid with me, Eva. Everyone saw you and Marley kissing last night."

"Well I'm not into Marley if you really want to know. Marley just thought I was. Not quite sure why, but, well, you know what people say about assumptions." 

"No, I don't actually."

Neither do I, now that I think about it. "Well it was an accident, just so you know. You shouldn't think anything of it. Not that I don't like Marley, I quite like her a lot, actually, but, well, not in that way."

"Oh. Well I'm glad that's sorted then," said Dorcas, who returned to her breakfast. 

Where's Black, I wonder? Not that I care, obviously, but he's been, well, somewhat present in my mornings this year. Maybe now he's decided to stop ruining my life? 

Fat chance.

"So where's Black this morning? Has he decided he's too cool to grace us with his presence?"

Dorcas raises an eyebrow. "Why would I know? Sirius and I aren't exactly bunk buddies... Why do you care anyway?"

There we go with the first names again. And I don't, obviously.

"Hopefully he's decided to stop our morning rendezvous, that's all."

Dorcas' eyebrow looks as if it might jump off her face. "I bet."

What's that supposed to mean? Everyone's so bloody cryptic these days - especially Lily, with the ridiculous way she was acting last night, dancing with Potter and all that. Speaking of which.

"Uh, Dorcas?"

"Yes Eva?"

"So what exactly happened last night after I left?"