XXX // A Roller-Coaster of Emotions

Saturday

February 7, 1978

Prefects Bathroom

Now, on a normal day, I suppose that one may wonder what on earth I'm doing writing in my diary in the Prefects Bathroom. I supposed this question has a reasonably simple answer: efficiency. 

The medium answer is to get clean whilst making sure I successfully retain all relevant information about my current emotional turmoil.

The long answer is this: I was just at the Ravenclaw/Slytherin quidditch match (Ravenclaw won, but that is a whole other tangent), where I broke up with Remus, the love of my life, and fell in the mud.

Actually, now that I think about it, that's also a medium answer. Like a long-medium answer? I should probably give the long-long answer. 

I woke up this morning, eager and ready for the quidditch match. I haven't really talked much about quidditch lately,  but that doesn't mean it's any less important in my life. In fact, I have been in regular discourse with James Potter about how our quidditch success is going, and what needs to be done in order to maximise it. We were hoping for a Ravenclaw loss, because their team is probably our biggest competitor this year, what with their keeper Hollie Hindeburg, and Richard Smothers the fourth-year chaser. The one good thing is that Hollard Buggery is also still a chaser, and he's average at best. 

Unfortunately for us, Ravenclaw beat Slytherin, which means we'll need to beat them in the final match if we want to win the cup this year. I don't doubt we can do it, of course. Have you met our team? We're bloody brilliant! 

As I was saying, we were hoping for a Ravenclaw loss, so we came, all decked out in our Gryffindor paraphernalia, hoping it might throw them off their game. Unfortunately, as this was a normal occurrence, it wasn't a particularly effective strategy. Besides, we didn't exactly want to yell 'Go Slytherin!' so it was mostly just a lot of booing and hand gestures.

I was sitting between Remus and Lily in the bleachers, partly because I wanted to sit next to them, but mostly because I was avoiding Black and Lottie. 

Why was I avoiding Lottie? Well, obviously it's because she was the only person who knew my little secret. 

Why was I avoiding Black? I feel like I shouldn't have to explain this one, but I'm going to do it anyway. It has been a whole entire week since the party, which has led me toward performing a number of actions. You know what? It's going to be easier to make this into a list. 

A Complete List of All of the Things One Evelyn K. O. Bishop Has Done in Response to the Events of the Party of January 31st, 1978. 

1. Completely avoid Black. I was avoiding Black for a number of reasons. Can I do sublists? Is that allowed? 

A Complete Sublist of all of the Reasons One Evelyn K. O. Bishop Has Been Avoiding One Sirius O. Black

a) I have found that life is much easier when you don't need to talk to people about the fact that one had taken love potion or one had thought one had taken love potion and one never has to explain their somewhat misguided actions from taking said love potion. The main point of this tangent is that we both said things whilst under the influence (I'm claiming alcohol as an influence) and I'd rather not have to address any of these things with him, ever. 

b) He consumed the love potion and I did not. Preferably, he would never find out about this. I, however, have somewhat limited control over my own mouth and would probably find some mortifying way to blurt this out to him, therefore dooming myself to an eternity of mockery.