Steal My Heart (5)

When I woke up, I immediately tried to roll from my uncomfortable position on my back to my left side. But I found that impossible as I was suddenly being tugged back, my shoulder making a loud popping sound in the process.

"Ow!" I shouted, rolling back to my original position and rubbing at my shoulder. It luckily didn't feel like it had been popped from the socket, so I was lucky in that case.

I took my surroundings in and remembered where I was and what I had gotten myself into. I wasn't in my bed. I was handcuffed to a radiator.

Isis sat up immediately in her bed as soon as I shouted, but Shannon took her sweet time to roll over in her bed, propping her head up on her hand. She looked just as dissatisfied as she had since I met her.

"Are you okay?" Isis gasped, jumping up from her bed and making her way toward me. "What's wrong?"

"I'm fine," I groaned, sitting up and rubbing at my shoulder. "My shoulder just got yanked really hard."

Shannon rolled her eyes, dropping her head back onto her pillow as she turned away. "Oh, boo-hoo. Poor baby."

It wasn't like I expected sympathy from anybody, but her attitude was really starting to annoy me. If she didn't like me for whatever reason, that was fine. I just would have liked it if she didn't have such an attitude, especially for no apparent reason. It wasn't like it was my choice to be here.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Isis continued, ignoring Shannon and placing her hand on my arm.

I nodded. "I think I just pulled a muscle or something."

"Go back to bed," Shannon called out, her back to us as she laid there. "Stop babying her and go back to sleep."

I looked toward the window to see the sunlight peeping through the cracks of the blinds. There was no way I would be able to fall back asleep with all that light. I also wasn't really tired anymore.

There was a knock on the door, and Shannon groaned. She buried herself under her covers as Isis let out a sigh and said, "Come in."

The door opened to reveal Casey, who only stuck his head in as he leaned against the doorframe. He was dressed in ratty old pajama pants and a crumpled white v-neck.

"Did someone scream in here?" he asked, looking around and then rolling his eyes when he saw the ball that Shannon was under her covers. "It sounded really girly so I assumed it came from here."

"The princess hurt herself," Shannon informed him, only moving her blanket far enough down that her mouth was uncovered. "I say we all just forget about it and go back to bed."

Casey ignored her and turned back toward me. "Did you try to gnaw your arm off to get free?"

"No," I snapped, and then bit the inside of my lip. He wasn't someone I wanted to anger, so being rude probably wasn't the best idea.

But he didn't seem offended in the slightest, which was something that surprised me. If I talked to my parents in that tone, I'd never have heard the end of it. I could have even gotten grounded for it.

"Well, at least that explains why you're all up so early," he sighed.

"Early?" I questioned, looking over at the clock that was on the dresser to see what time it actually was. "It's seven in the morning."

"Which is early," Casey clarified.

"That's not early," I couldn't help but disagree. "That's sleeping in for me."

"No way," Isis gaped, her eyes wide as she blinked at me. "You only sleep in until seven in the morning?"

I didn't know how to respond to this, since clearly it was something they did not think was normal. I would normally wake up around six on school days, and then during the weekend I'd sleep in until seven. I didn't want to waste my day away sleeping.