Steal My Heart (11)

I was always handcuffed to either Casey or Isis, with Jeremy sometimes being included if the former two were busy doing something that I couldn't be connected to them for.

Which just so happened to be right then.

Though I'd known him the longest out of anyone else in the hideout, sometimes I felt the most awkward around him, and I was sure it was because of the fact that I'd known him so long. I'd known him for years, yet I never knew that he was apart of an organization like the Bandits.

"I'm surprised Casey lets you be alone with me," Jeremy informed me as I sat beside him as he did his homework in his room, which he shared with a few other Bandits. However, we were currently the only ones in the room.

"What are you talking about?" I questioned with a roll of my eyes, though I couldn't deny the bubbling I felt in my stomach when he said that.

"He won't leave you alone with anyone else besides Isis," he explained, shrugging as he leaned back in his chair to stretch. "And I'm surprised he left you with me because he doesn't even like it when Isis and I are alone."

"That's because Isis has an thing for you," I blurted, but then bit down on my tongue after I had said it. It may have been obvious, but that didn't mean it was my place to tell Jeremy how she felt about him. Especially when it seemed like he didn't feel the same way for her at all...

However, Jeremy ignored what I said completely as he tapped his pencil against his next math problem. "I need help with this one," he diverged.

I had no complaints about changing the subject, and I moved closer to take a look at the problem. Even though we were in the same grade, I was in a higher math class than Jeremy was, so I was able to help him even though I hadn't been to school in quite some time.

As I leaned closer to get a better look, there was a knock on the door. Before Jeremy could tell the person whether they could come in or not, the door opened to reveal Casey, Isis right behind him.

"Hi," I greeted, not moving from my close proximity to Jeremy.

"Getting quite close, I see," Casey commented, his tone one that I couldn't read.

"She's just helping me with my homework," Jeremy excused, his tone as bored as it always was as he raised his hands in surrender in front pf his chest. "No need to get your panties in a bunch or anything."

"Jeremy," I snapped, kicking his ankle. It didn't affect him in the slightest.

Isis was just staring at us, and I could tell both Sawyer siblings were thinking the same thing, something completely incorrect. I quickly sat up straight and pushed my chair away from Jeremy, as far as I could considering I was still handcuffed to him.

"We're here to relieve you of Rose," Casey explained, gesturing to our handcuffed wrists.

"You make it sound like I'm a burden," I pointed out flatly.

Jeremy glanced at me. "Well..."

I kicked his ankle again.

"Rose is helping me with my homework," Jeremy repeated, but this time he was simply informing them instead of excusing why we were so close. "So I wouldn't really mind if she stayed for a little while longer."

"Thanks for sounding so enthusiastic," I drawled, rolling my eyes.

"When do I ever sound enthusiastic?"

He had a point.

"I could stay until they're finished," Isis suggested, inching closer. "Maybe I could help."