Luke - Nerds and Jocks

It was the least likely thing that could ever have happened to me. I still don't understand what happened, or why I agreed to it; all I can say is that I don't regret it.

I'd left my last class of the day, chemistry, and walked down to my locker. I was going to get my bags and meet my sister Leia by the entrance, just like every day. It was Tuesday, so she had P.E, and as a result was a bit later than usual (because her teacher doesn't let them out to get changed until the bell rings for the end of the day). So I was standing at the front of the school, bored, when something caught my eye.

A group of boys from my class had just left the building. They were the popular ones, the badboys. The ones who are driven around on their older brothers' motorbikes and date girls for a weekend. The ones that you openly despise, but secretly envy.

I watched them as they walked out. They didn't notice me; I'm convinced that half of my class don't even know I exist. But sitting in the shadows, you pick things up about people, so I know them. For example, the popular boys. Jacob Brent is the ringleader. He's your typical asshole, but he's the annoying kind that gets good grades and doesn't deserve them. He's intelligent and he knows it, and never misses an opportunity to show off. Also, he's a jock. Athletic build, tanned, bronze hair, half the year group swooning over him. You get the picture.
Dylan Jones. Brilliant at sports, useless at anything else. Stereotypical all brawn and no brains. As in a literal walking stereotype. Muscular, dark hair, face of a guy who's been in a lot of fights. It's uncommon to see him in school because he's either skiving or suspended.
Nick Hill. Average height but pretty unfit. Decent enough grades that he can't be called stupid, but he's not the brightest. He's the one that tags along with the popular boys, copies what they do, and enjoys annoying those he considers 'beneath' himself socially, even though everyone knows that he's not actually popular. Also, he stinks. As in it seems like he hasn't ever seen a bar of soap. On Earth. Ever. You can smell him from six desks away. Never been out with anyone, and it's no wonder.
Finally, Han Solo. Now he confuses me. Tall, with an athletic build even though he possesses little to no interest in sports. His brown hair is slightly curly in an attractive way, his hazel eyes mischievous and he has an easy, lopsided smirk, with a cocky air that teachers hate instantly. He looks like a typical asshole, but he's actually... different. I mean, he has no interest in academic success, and has a reputation of getting into fights, but he always seems somewhat justified. Last year, he caught a Year 9 trying to steal from a Year 7, and long story short the Year 9 wound up with a broken nose and arm. He went overboard, but for the right reasons. Han seems to have a moral compass behind his don't-careish attitude. It confuses me, but it's interesting. Also, I have may or may not have a teeny, tiny, massive crush on him.

Anyway, the four of them were walking towards the park where they always went after school. Han suddenly stopped, as though remembering something important, and headed off... towards me. I didn't think he was actually looking for me until he was a few steps away.
"Luke," he said, startling me with the fact that he knew who I was.
"Yeah?" I asked, terrified. My social skills are pretty much none-existent, and I struggle to talk to anyone that isn't my friend. And someone like Han Solo isn't likely to be friends with me.
"Do you wanna meet me at the park tomorrow?"
"What?" I spluttered.
"Y'know, the park. Tomorrow."
"Um..." I began running scenarios through my head. Here's what I came up with:
1) I've been unwittingly transported to an alternate universe where either I'm popular or Han isn't.
2) This is a massive joke.
3) I'm dreaming.
4) I'm hallucinating.
5) This is actually happening and I should probably reply right about now.

I decided that it's worth a risk. Worst case scenario is it's a joke, they laugh at me for three days and then forget I exist again.
"Sure."
He smiled, a... nervousness? that I hadn't noticed leaving his face.
"Great! I'll meet you after school," he said, then darted off to meet his friends, leaving me wondering what universe I'm in.

I have the personality of a nerd, the music taste of an emo, and a hatred of the mainstream that could rival a hipster's. I'm not popular. Guys like Han Solo don't associate with me. What the hell is going on?