Part 2

I called my mom to come get me. On the way home she turned the radio down, “So you don't look as sick like you made it sound,” she says turning on our street. I look out the window, “I just want to go home and rest,” I say softly. She sighs, “When are you gonna let me in Court. You can't keep everything from your father and I, we want to help,” she says parking in the driveway. I get out and slam the door. “Courtney Nicole Stevens, don't walk away from me,” She shouts getting Lizze out of the car. I turn, “Don't walk away, why not? That's all people do to me, I have no friends mom, only the boys. Since the accident, im no one except the girl who ruined everything, I can't even walk around without one of the boys without getting picked on,” I shout running into the house. Once in my room I lock the door and lay on my bed. I just told my mom stuff only the boys know. She didn't know I was bullied at school. Why would she, I mean I hang out with the 'it' group. At least I didn't let Jack slip, I wasn't ready to let them know about that, it's already bad Austin and Ryder know part of the truth.

After a few hours I hear a knock at my door, “Go away,” I whisper to myself hoping they will go. I hear a rattle and the door unlocks and there stands my dad. I hold a pillow over my face, “what?” I say annoyed. He walks over and sits on my bed, “Your mother said you kind of blew up on her earlier,” he pauses when I sit up, “Wanna talk about it?” he asked. I shake my head, “No.... I didn't mean to yell at her, I was just having a bad day is all,” I say laying so my head was on his lap. He looks down at me, “Why didn't you tell us people were bullying you?” he says. I roll my eyes, “Not like it would matter,” I say sitting up again, “It's not going to stop, the accident made people hate me, because now our soccer team loses every game because our star player is gone, and they just all hate me because I am friends with the boys and all the girls are jealous and make me feel bad about myself because they want to be around the boys and they don't give them attention like they do me,” I say getting it all off my chest. I trust my dad more than anything in the world. He smiles, “Making the girls jealous, just like your mother did in high school,” he says. I smile, “You and mom never told me how you met,” I say to him. I see him tense a little, “Well, that's a story for a different day, right now,” he says getting up and pulling me up, “You have some very worried friends in the back yard,” he says pointing to my window. He kisses my head and walks out. Once he is gone I get up and walk to my window. What I see amazes me, all the boys are down there waiting for me in their bathing suits. Mondays are beach day for us and we never forget, its a tradition of ours and it always makes me feel better. I smile and run into my closet and throw on my swim suit and a tank top and jeans over it. I shake my head looking out the window one more time as I make my way downstairs. When I get to the bottom I hear my mom and dad talking. “She asked how we met and I wasn't sure if telling her was a good idea,” I hear dad say. Mom sigh, “Probably not, I mean it wasn't the best past and she doesn't need any reason to be upset toward one of us,” She says. I didn't think anything of what was just said. I mean it was up to them to tell me right?

I make my way out the back sliding door and they all look at me. “You're mom said you went home sick?” Aiden says. Austin and Ryder look at me, they are the ones who know why I went home. “Yeah, you missed it, Jack has a bruised face. Someone kicked his ass, wonder who it was?” he said as they all talked. Ryder tried hiding his laugh as did Austin. I just shake my head and look down. “So, by the looks of it you aren't even sick,” Jason points out. I snap my head up looking to Austin or Ryder for help. “Dude, she was sick, she got rest and now she's good. Stop asking so many questions and lets go to the beach already,” Austin says. They all start walking to the gate in the back that leads to the beach. Austin walks with me, “Thanks for covering me,” I say to him. He shakes his head, “No thanks, I should have never punched him in the first place. But his comment was not called for and it pissed me off,” he said in anger. I Wrap my arm around him so it is like a side hug as we walk, “Thank you though, it means a lot knowing I have at least a few people on my side,” I whisper. He stops dead in his tracks and looks down at me, “You know we'd do anything for you,” he says. I smile and nod, “I know,” I say jumping on his back, “Now to the beach,” I shout. He laughs and starts walking toward our special hang out on the beach all our parents bought for us and only us.