Part 8

Yeah, I can't believe that just happened. I can't even get any words to come out right now because I am still in shock. My best friend, the boy I have had a crush on for my whole life just kissed me and admitted he has been waiting to do it. I smile and kiss him again then pull back, “You have no idea how long ive waited for you to man up and do it either,” I joke. He laughs and moves hair out of my face, “Be my girlfriend?” he asked. I search his face for any sigh of regret saying that but come up clean, “Of course,” I say hugging him. He carefully hugs me so that he doesn't hurt me. “About damn time,” My dad says leaning on the door frame. Austin and I pull apart, “What the hack dad, thought you went to work?” I say with a blush. He smiles, “Lunch break.... Anyways, it's about time, I was worried Austin would never man up and tell you he liked you. It was obvious you two had a thing,” he says kissing my head. “But, hurt my little girl and I will kick your ass Parker,” he warns Austin. Austin looks at me and smiles, “Not a chance,” he says. I smile and hug my dad before he leave for work again. “So now what?” I ask. Austin gets up and pulls me to him, “Now, we just act normal but just a little more closer,” he says, “Nothing really is going to change except now I can kiss you when ever I want,” he says kissing me again. I smile and bite my lip, “I could get used to that,” I say kissing him again.

The next day I had to go to school. My mom told me I could stay home the rest of the week since it was Thursday, but I decided facing people would be better. “Oh hun, please just take the rest of the week off,” My mom begs holding Lizze in the kitchen watching me eat my breakfast. I shake my head, “I am already behind on classes mom, ill be fine. Austin and the boys will be with me,” I say putting my plate in the dishwasher. I grab my bag and kiss Lizze on the nose and my mom on the cheek. “Fine, but please call me if you need anything baby girl,” she says. I smile when I hear a car horn, “Bye mom,” I yell running out the door. Austin opens the car door for me and I climb in. “Morning Stevens,” Cayden says from the back seat. I glare at him, “For the last fucking time, call me by my first name Parker,” I smirk. Austin laughs, “You two will never stop fighting about this will you?” he says pulling into his parking spot next to Ryder at the school. We all get out and walk together. I hear whispers of people saying stuff about Stacy and Lena getting into a huge blow out early this morning. “What is all the talk about?” I ask. Ryder looks panicked as he hears the news to. I knew he liked Lena so he was obviously worried. It didn't take long for peoples attentions to focus on Austins hand in mine. The whispers started up as we walked to our class. “Whoa! Austin Parker actually settling down?” and “What does a sexy god like him see in a freak like her?” that last one got to me but I let it slide.

Once Austin left for his first hour I went to my seat. Lena was already sitting in the sport next to mine when I sat down. “What happened?” I say in shock when I see her a little banged up. She turned and looked at me, “Stupid bitch named Stacy,” she says in a pissed off tone, “She fucking messes with my friends so I kicked her ass,” she says with a small smile. I laugh and the teacher walks in and starts out lesson. The day passed fast, it was now free period for me so I walked out to the field. I expected to be alone but boy was I wrong about that. “Pick the damn prize if you're so certain you're going to win,” I hear Ryder shout. I look over to him and the boys face to face with our rival schools football team. I slowly walk behind the stairs to stay hidden to hear more. “Anything I want?” a boy in the front says which I am assuming is their team captain. Ryder crosses his arms, “Anything,” he says with confidence. As the words were about to be spoken I sneeze and all eyes are on me. I wave, “Hey,” I softly say as I feel the other team stare. Austin looks tense at the sight of me, “Go back to class Courtney,” he says in a serious tone. I nod and go to turn. “I decided what we get if we win,” the boy shouts. Everyone including me looks at him. He looks to me and smiles, “Courtney is it? It's decided, winner get's to have the pretty lady for a night,” he says as his team cheers. Austin shoves him, “No deal,” he shouts as Ryder steps in. “She's not a part of this,” he says. The boys smile, “You said anything and that's what I pick.... Game on,” he says running over to his team.