4

The next day, Judy woke up in her apartment beside Nick. She almost screamed, but realized that they were cuffed together.

She let out a sigh of exasperation, and sat up. She lightly tapped the fox sleeping soundly beside her. Nick, wake up."

He moaned in protest, turning over and pulling the covers over his head.

Judy rolled her eyes, and tore the blankets off of him. "Get up, Nick!"

"C-cold..." He shivered, hugging himself with his arms.

"Oh, shut it, ya big baby!" She hit his arm. "Why are you sleeping in my bed?"

"Because..." Nick's voice trailed off as he slowly sat up, yawning and rubbing his eyes. "You looked cold when we were sleeping out beside your apartment. You fell asleep on me, ya know."

Judy's eyes widened, and she couldn't help but blush a bit. She hoped Nick didn't notice how red her fur was.

"Um, uh...thank...." Her voice sounded shaky. She cleared her throat. "Thank you." She looked at her partner in respect. Just respect. They were nothing more than partners. Nothing more.

"Let's get going." She said, forcing herself out of bed. Nick followed behind her.

"You nuzzle in your sleep, carrots." He said, almost dreamily.

Judy blushed once more. "S-so?" She could barely speak, now.

"So, it's cute."

"Don't call me that."

"Ok? Adorable?"

Judy didn't respond to that. She was taking this way too seriously. Nick has always called her "cuddly," or "cute," just to bug her. But today felt different.

"Do you think we'll have any crime today?" Nick asked as the pair walked down the sidewalk, catching all of zootopia's attention.

Judy shrugged. "I don't know, I hope not, cause-" she was cut off by the sound of shattering glass.

Judy and Nick looked over to see a black panther breaking out of a gas station with a bag full of who knows what. They noticed he had a gun in his hand. He had shot the window open.

"Nick! Come on!" Judy pulled the fox with all her might.

"Bunny...wait-ow!" Nick whined as he was pulled harshly by the cuffs. "Can't we just go down to the ZPD and tell them-"

"No! We have to catch this criminal, NOW! No time for telling anybody!" Judy snapped.

"Sheesh..." Nick muttered to himself.

"Stop right there! You are under arrest!" She yelled at the tall, black cat running down the road.

With a snicker, the panther laughed at her face. "How am supposed to be scawed of a cute wittle bunny?" He said in a baby voice.

Judy glared at him, keeping a tight grip on her taser. "Sir, put your hands up! You are under arrest!" Judy repeated.

The panther kept an amused smile on his face. "It's rather funny how you think you're indestructible," he stepped towards Judy's face. Seeing this, Nick tried to walk in between them. "Well, let me tell you something, fluff. You are nothing but a dumb bunny."

"Ok, first of all, I'm the only one who gets to call her nicknames. Second of all, she is not a dumb bunny. She's my best friend, and if you can't see that, you have a major problem." Nick cut in.

Judy looked at her friend, a small smile forming on her face.

But before she could say anything, she heard a gun shot. A gunshot right in front of her.

She looked at her partner, who was laying on the ground, with a shot to the leg.