7

"Nick, I think we've found some of our evidence," said Judy.

"I think so too," the fox said.

"What are we gonna do with all of this?" She said, worriedly.

"Hey, don't panic, carrots. We'll figure it out. We've got backup, don't we?"

"Yeah," the bunny nodded, relaxing a bit. It was always Nick who helped her calm down whenever she was stressed. It was always him.

Soon, a few other mammals came into the store for backup, and they observed the strange jewels that Judy and Nick had found.

"We need to get this to the ZPD, quickly," said Judy.

The ZPD cops all helped pick up the "diamonds," and got it into their cars.

*********

"Hopps!!!!" Yelled Bogo when they got back to the ZPD.

Judy put her head down. "I know, Chief. I know I wasn't supposed to go running off with these cuffs."

"That was correct, Ms. Hopps," he said, disappointment in his voice.

"I warned her, chief," said Nick, his usual sly smirk on his face.

Judy glared at him and pulled on the handcuffs as he chuckled.

"Wilde! Hopps!" Bogo got their attention. "I'm gonna have to separate you two from these cuffs, whether it's with a key, or not."

"But how, sir?" Judy asked.

"Well," he said, standing up, causing them to back up a little. "I'm gonna have to use my bare hooves."

Their eyes both widened, and they gave each other a nervous glance. "Ok..."

The chief slowly made his way towards them, and with one swift movement, he broke the chain in half.

Still closing her eyes, Judy slowly opened them, and saw that it was broken. They were free. Sort of. They still had the actual cuffs on their wrists, but they weren't connected anymore. Thank goodness, Judy thought.

Nick moved his wrist around, check it out. "It looks like a bracelet," he said.

"What?" Judy raised an eyebrow, then shook her head at him.

"Well, it does."

"How can we get these off, Chief?" Asked Judy, almost desperately.

"Well, you could use lotion. I heard that helps things to slip off," he suggested.

"Thanks, Chief," said Nick as Judy and him made their way out of the office.

*********

When they were off from work, Judy could not stop thinking about that panther that her and Nick had encountered earlier. What was his plan? She wasn't gonna be able to sleep tonight.

"But seriously, this could be a bracelet-" Nick cut himself off when he noticed Judy's sad demeanor. "You ok, Carrots?" He asked as they were walking out the door of the ZPD.

"Yeah," Judy nodded, putting on her best happy face. But she knew she was lying to herself.

Nick crossed his arms. "Judy, I know that face," he said.

"Nick!" She rolled her eyes. "I am fine! Stop worrying so much!"

"Ok, ok, rabbit. Calm down," he said.

When Judy arrived at her apartment, she put some lotion on her wrist, and the handcuffs slipped right off. She hoped that Nick had found some lotion or something to use. She didn't wanna hear anymore of him talking about how it looks like a bracelet.

She then got dressed in her PJs, laid down in bed, and stared up at her ceiling. What is going on with that Panther? She wondered. Just as she thought, she had gotten no sleep that night.