Chapter-5(Come On, Come On, Don't Leave Me Like This)

Zander's dad was very open-minded and a wise man. He could be trusted......unlike my parents who weren't around most of the time. Zander explained everything. It turned out, Zander's dad knew everything and he told Zande while I was waiting with River in Zander's room. 

              River was very tired and she was sleeping, her head in my lap, my hand holding her's. She looked soooo cute in her sleep. Was I in love? Why did I care so much for her? Why didn't i just dump her where I found her? Why do i feel like kissing her? I just wanted to try to kiss her. I had never kissed anyone on the lips before. I was just one inch away from her when the door suddenly opened. It was Zander. He looked tensed. So, he knew. I needed to know too. So, I bit him. It was the first time I felt sick after drinking blood.

River's P.O.V :

             When I woke up, I couldn't find anyone around and then,  I was panicking. Suddenly, Adrian appeared. I let out a sigh of relief . When Adrian was around me, he usually wore a small smile. But right now, he looked like a real vampire. he noticed me staring.

Adrian : Is there anything on my fave?

River : No.

Adrian : Then why are you staring?

            I smiled and said,"I don't know. I just felt like staring".

Adrian : You can't do something just because you want.

River : Yes I can. (Still Smiling).

Adrian : You are so irritating. I should've dumped you where I found you.

            I felt sad. So, he was regretting saving me. What he said was all I needed to hear.

River : I'm sorry for all the trouble I've caused you till now. Thanks for helping me. I think its my time to leave.

Adrian : What?!

River : I know you regret saving me and taking me with you. I'm so pathetic, aren't I? I don't even know who I am, for heaven's sake!  

Adrian : You wanna leave? Who told you that I regret bringing you with me?

River : Its clean in your voice.

Adrian : River......

River : No.....its ok....I understand. I'll leave.

           His words had hurt me. I was going towards the door to leave. Suddenly, his arms were around me like a cage. I couldn't move. He was so strong!!

River : Let me go, Adrian.

Adrian : First listen to me.

River : I don't need to hear more.

Adrian : I'm sorry, okay? Something has totally pissed me off today and I was taking it out on you. I'm really sorry. Please don't leave.

River : First move your hands.

           He moved his hands. I turned around and looked at his hazel eyes.

River : Adrian, why do you care so much? I mean, I'll leave sooner or later, right? If I remember my past or if I get to know who I am, I'll have to leave, right?

Adrian : If you find out who you are, you'll leave?

River : Obviously. I will have to, right?

Adrian : Please don't leave me.

River : Why?

Adrian : I was always very lonely since my childhood. My parents aren't very close with me. My elder brother doesn't like me cause he thinks I'll take the throne away from him. And everyone else including my friends treat me like royalty. You are the only exception.

         Adrian looked sad. I didn't like that look on his face. I touched his cheek with my hand. It felt cold but kind of nice.

River : Ok. I'll stay.

           Adrian did something I didn't expect. he hugged me. And then I did something I didn't expect. I hugged him back. He smelled so nice

Adrian : Will you promise me something?

River : What?

Adrian : Promise me that you'll never leave me.

River : I promise.

          Adrian was about to say something more when someone knocked on the door. Adrian let me go and opened the door. It was Zander.

Zander : Guys, will you stay for dinner?

Adrian : No. Its getting late. We'll leave now.

Zander : Ok.

          Then, he escorted us to the door. It was a little windy outside. The sky looked blue, but it wasn't the sky, just a glass above with there was sea water.

River : We will be running again?

Adrian : Yes.

River : I don't want to. It makes me dizzy.

Adrian : Just keep your eyes closed.

River : Ok.

         Then, he lifted me and started running. It was so smooth that I couldn't even understand that we were running. After a few minutes Adrian told me to open my eyes. When I opened my eyes, I realized we were on a mountain.

River : A mountain?

Adrian : Yeah. We are in the human world now. There are quite a few exits.

River : Why are we here?

Adrian : I wanna show you something.

         It appeared he wanted to show me the sunset. It was so beautiful. I was mesmerized.