Chapter-11(I Can't Breathe)

River's P.O.V :

      I was sitting on the counter in the kitchen when Adrian came.

River : Are you okay?

Adrian : Yeah.

River : You got sick. 

Adrian : Yeah. I guess I drank too much blood.

      He scratched his head. He looked so cute.....I got down from the counter, wrapped my hands around his neck and kissed him. But he wasn't responding as usual. I moved away but kept my arms around his neck. 

River : What's wrong?

Adrian : I'm thirsty.

River : Oh.....

     I let him go. He took a bottle of blood from the fridge and started drinking. After finishing, he rinsed with water. Then, he came and kissed me on the lips. But there was still something wrong. There was an edge of tension to the kiss as if we didn't have much time left to be together. Suddenly, a knock on the door interrupted our kiss. It was Damon, Adrian's brother.

Damon : Sorry for interrupting.

River : No, its ok.

Adrian : Do you need something? 

Damon : Adrian....we need to talk.

      Adrian kissed me one more time.....it was just a peck and then left with Damon

Adrian's P.O.V : 

      I followed Damon outside to the mountains. Then. he stopped and looked at me.

Adrian : What is it?

Damon : I saw the mess in your washroom.

Adrian : Yeah, I was sick.

Damon : Adrian, you felt sick because Eris was possessing you.

Adrian : You know this too?

Damon : Yes.

Adrian : I'm confused. I don't know what to do. 

Damon : You are dangerous for her. You should leave her somewhere safe. 

Adrian : I know. But I can't. I can't stay without her.

Damon : You know, its started. The choice is yours. I just hope our races don't get pulled into this.   

*I nodded.* 

Damon : Well, I need to leave. I never thought i would say this, but stay safe, ok?

Adrian : Yes, brother.

      Damon left in the blink of an eye. I smiled. He was worried about us. But what would I do? I was too selfish to make River go away from me. So, I decided to try to stay with her for the time being. 

      But then, something happened, I was lying on the bed. It was midnight, River was sleeping beside me. Suddenly, I was feeling faint.