Chapter-10(Wishing I'd Realized)

Adrian's P.O.V :

      I could hear a distant voice calling me. It was a voice I knew. It was River. She was crying. I tried but couldn't open my eyes. I tried again and again but I couldn't. But River was crying. She needed me. So, I tried again and this time my eyes opened. 

River's P.O.V : 

      Suddenly,  Adrian opened his eyes. At last I could breathe properly. But his eyes were red like the monster in my dream. Suddenly, he pinned me o the wall and put his lips on my neck. My heart was pounding furiously in my chest. He was going to bite me! But, suddenly he released me. His eyes had returned to their normal color. He looked at me and spoke with a voice full of pain and regret. 

Adrian : River.....Go downstairs and stay in the kitchen until I come. 

      I nodded and rushed out of there. This time, I was really afraid. What was going on?!!

Adrian's P.O.V : 

      When I came into sense, I realized I had pinned River to the wall and was about to bite her. i quickly released her and sent her downstairs. I needed some time alone.

      So, the prophecy was real. Everything was coming true Zander's dad was right.

*Flashback*

Zander : Dad, tell me about the prophecy. 

Zander's dad : The prophecy said that 5000 generations ago an immortal, the heir to the throne of vampires was born.  He was the fated destructor named Eris who was going to kill the werewolves and end their race. But to save the werewolves, Sapphire, the goddess of werewolves was born as a human. They had a deadly war. But no one knows what happened to them, whether they died or what. Everyone's memory of that time was destroyed. No one knows who destroyed their memories. The prophecy says that Eris will return. He'll be reborn, as the immortal heir to the throne. And Sapphire will be reincarnated. That's why we think River smells weird. She is Sapphire's reincarnation. When the time comes, she'll get to know. And then, Adrian will be possessed by Eris who'll try to kill her.  

*Flashback ends* 

Right now, if I hadn't come into my senses, I would've drained all of River's blood. This was the first time I vomited blood. My stomach was still empty. I needed to get something in my system. So, I headed downstairs, to the kitchen.

      River was sitting there, on the counter. She looked at me curiously.