Crocodile

"Get. Out. Of. My. Way!!!" You growl kicking and punching the pirates away from you. They just kept on coming. You were getting tired from the fighting, not because you were physically tired. You were just tired because there were too damn many. You sense one at your back and grit your teeth glancing in annoyance. Until that many came. The sands yanked the men off, tossing or burying them wherever. You blink in surprise as he simply pushes the attacker at your back over. 

     "That was distasteful." The new comer says irritable. You relax as the pirate looks at him in horror before suddenly taking off. 

     "Thanks, that was getting annoying.." You rub your neck turning to him with a smile. He just gives a nod in agreement. "Let me buy you lunch as thanks." He pauses at the offer, raising an eyebrow. 

      "Alright..." He hums seeming a bit curious.

      "I'm ___." You hold out your hand to him. He takes it firmly, rings glinting in the sunlight.

      "Crocodile." He answers with a smirk. You blink and light up with a smile, throwing the man off guard. 

       "You helped a friend of mine in the war! Come on, I'm definitely treating you to something good now." You tell him grasping his hand tighter and guiding him along. He tilts his head but follows without a word. You flash him a few more smiles before you reach a fancy restaurant. Crocodile was becoming more curious and rather impressed as you bribe your way in, and even get a nice table away from the others. You even went as far as pulling out a chair for him.

        "I'm truly flattered..." He chuckles sitting down. You just hum and sit down across from him with a smile. 

        "You better be. I don't normally do this sort of thing... Get whatever you wish." You sit back and order a simple dish with wine. He orders as well before turning his curious gaze on you. 

         "So what makes me so special?" He inquires. You meet his gaze and chuckle.

      "I don't know. I just feel like you should be treated to a nice meal is all." You shrug playing with the flame that danced over the candle between you and him. 

      "Alright... And who do you think I helped during the war?" He questions. 

      "Strawhat Luffy... He and Ace are old friends of mine. It's a shame Freckles didn't make it out." You sigh focusing on the flames. Crocodile shifts at that. "I know you'll say you did nothing of the sort but you are one of the reasons he made it out." You give him another smile. 

      "___.... I believe he said that name before..." He trails off trying to remember. You raise an eyebrow and giggle. You knew what Luffy said. "He said it was good ___  wasn't there, she gets too blood thirsty..." He recalls looking at you again to watch your reaction. 

      "Yep, that's me. If I had been there alot more marines would've died. But sadly I was already in the New World when everything went down..." You leave the flame be as the server returns with the drinks you both had ordered. You give the server a nod and turn your gaze back to Crocodile. 

      "You didn't seem very blood thirsty a few moments ago." He comments. 

      "That's because my only weakness was watching close by." You muse taking out a cigar box and sliding it to him as his reaches its end. He blinks at the cigar box and you can see surprise come over his face again. He glances at you and smiles a bit changing it out for what you offer.

      "Weakness?" He echoes as you light the cigar for him.

      "Yeah, I don't mind adults calling me a monster... But with kids it's different, I don't want to be the one to show them what a monster looks like." You shrug pulling back. "You can keep those if you like, I was holding onto them for one of my crewmates."

      "You have a crew?" He raises a brow, slipping the box into his pocket. 

      "More like had... There was thirteen of them, I saved most of them when we first met. They were all loyal... Until we pulled a man from a wrecked ship... Vincent was his name. He didn't seem like a threat, skinny, kinda odd, jittery... I was trying to do something good I guess... But after a day, it was as if I was the stranger to my own crew. Then they turned on me..." You trail off with a frown looking down. Crocodile waited curiously for you to continue. "I don't know what happened, but I suddenly washed up here... Been waiting for a nice ship to come up so I can steal it and go after them but... I'm incredibly picky about ships..." You look back at him rubbing your neck. 

       "You've had a rough week it seems... Do you know where they're heading?" He asks. 

     "No idea, probably deeper into the New World..." You look over as the food is served. You remove the lid and smile starting to eat. Crocodile does the same after putting out his cigar for a moment. You ate in silence, you found yourself enjoying the moment with Crocodile. 

     "We're leaving soon, how about you be my partner for the time being." He hums. You blink at him and smile. 

      "Really? That sounds great, I'd like to get to know you." You chime. He chokes slightly moving his first over his mouth, pink dusting his cheeks briefly. 

       "Don't get your hopes up for that ___." He advises.

       "I always get my hopes up Crocodile, it's a bad habit." You smile thoughtfully. He blinks at you and nods. 

       "Indeed it is."