Sick

"Sorry sir we only have one room available." The woman informs you both. You rub your neck while Crocodile frowns.

"Eh, I'll just head back to the ship..." You sigh turning to go out.

"We can share the room," Crocodile says simply, "It'll take you an hour to walk back to the ship anyway." He adds when you look at him.

"Alright then," You hum as he pays. He receives the key and you follow him upstairs to a room. He opens the door and you both peer into the luxurious room. "Nice, your dry clothes, Sir Crocodile." You tease lightly, handing him the bag.

"Thank you," He rumbles with a smirk before going into the bathroom to change. After closing the door you swiftly change out of your wet clothes since you and Crocodile have been walking in the rain since the Capricorn incident. You were surprised he actually went along with you as you danced about in the rain childishly. You finish dressing and put your wet clothes in the bag for now. Crocodile comes out as you crawl onto the bed.

"What comes next Crocodile?" You ask him with a head tilt.

"Next we visit Snowbound, I have a place in the woods there." He informs you,coming over and sitting on bed.

"Alright, sounds nice. I love snow." You tell him helping him remove his hook.

"Oh dear, more than the rain?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Yep." You smile widely, setting the hook on the nightstand. "Goodnight Crocodile." You chime laying down, nestling in the covers. He smiles and settles in as well, turning out the light.

"Goodnight ___."

You were waken up by a cold wet rag coming over your forehead. Your eyes ease open to Crocodile. "You have a fever." He says quietly. You blink a few times and chuckle quietly.

"Ah, you called it... I suppose you'll carry on without me Huh? Ah well, it was great meeting you."

He pauses staring at you as his brows slowly knit together. His silence made you curious. ".... Get some more rest." He says before getting up. You blink as he leaves the room before sighing quietly and closing your eyes. You would understand if he left. Everyone else has turned their backs on you. It still made you sad though, you were beginning to like Crocodile... Alot.

Crocodile glances back at the hotel before looking toward the piers. He could leave no problem, he had a plan to prepare. He just didn't want to leave yet. He releases a cloud of smoke and closes his eyes. Dammit why was he like this now? You said you'd understand, you were okay with being left behind. You were okay with him leaving. Why the hell did that bother him?

He grits his teeth before going to a soup stand. "Can I get something for a cold?" He asks the man.

"I got just thing.... The wife sick?" The elderly man guesses. Crocodile freezes, wife? What?

"M-My partner." Crocodile corrects feeling an odd thumping in his chest. Why didn't the simple question make him this way!? He shakes his head swiftly trying to remove the thought from his head.

"Ah, that's how it starts sometimes." The old man hums, causing pink to dust the former warlords cheeks.

"Not with me." He mutters as the man puts the soup in a container.

"Here you are I hope she feels better." The man smiles at him. Crocodile just huffs and heads back to the hotel to the room. Sure enough you were awake again. You rub your cheek and pause looking over at him in clear surprise.

"You forget something?" You ask carefully as he comes over.

"No." He answers simply handing you the soup. You blink and smile a bit.

"Oh thanks Crocodile." You look up into his eyes, smiling more. He shifts and looks away.

"I'm not going to leave my partner behind because she got sick living living her life." He scoffs sitting down. You watch him for a bit, setting the soup on the nightstand before leaning over and hugging him, hiding your face in his shoulder. Crocodile pauses blushing lightly and glancing at you. "Alright, eat your soup so you can recover faster..." He carefully pushes you back handing you the container without looking at you.

You watch him swiftly go back out and grin before eating happily.

"Daz! Hey!" You cheer waving cheerfully. Crocodile walks behind you shaking his head with a small amused smile.

"Welcome back ___, feeling better?" He asks as you and Crocodile board the ship.

"Yeah let's get going, I'm eager to play in the snow!" You grin.

"You just got over a cold ___..." Crocodile frowns.

"We have a few days I'll be fine by then." You shrug. He shakes his head and you smile grabbing his hook. "Come on! You're helping me make dinner!"

"... What...?"