Old and New Friends

"Lovely ship Crocodile, if I had seen this before we crossed paths I would've stole it." You comment, walking across the pier with him.

"It's fortunate we met before that then, would've been a shame to kill you." He rumbles.

"Right back at you." You smile. He glances at you at that. With a slight giggle you hop on board and pause, blinking at the man on board. "Ah, Daz right?" You go over offering your hand to him. He nods and shakes hands with you.

"You know his face..." Crocodile scoffs making you look back.

"Sorry. I was interested in his fruit a long time ago, he's the only one I can recognize other than Haweyes and Luffys crew." You turn to him with a shrug before looking around. "Just the three of us?" You hum curiously.

"At the moment, I'll show you the room you'll be using," Crocodile guides you inside. You give a wave to Daz before you lost sight of him as you follow Crocodile down below deck. He guides you down the hall to the last door on the left. You peer in and your breath catches.

"Wow.... Thank you Crocodile, I mean it." You smile at him. He just nods in response.

"Get settled in." He says before heading back out. And that's what you do, putting up your loot and setting down your bag of clothes before going to the bathroom and starting a bubble bath. You smile closing the bathroom door before stripping and sinking into the water.

"Mm I suppose I don't mind traveling with him... He is handsome, strong, smart... Heh, deliciously dangerous too." You hum to yourself and lick your lips. "I can't wait to show off for him."

"Croc-kun! Good morning," You greet with a bright smile he pauses before offering a smile as you hand him a plan black coffee.

"Good morning to you ___, you're awfully energetic this morning." He comments.

"I've missed being on the seas. I already sent Daz to go sleep for now. What can I make you for breakfast?" You ask smiling.

"This is fine." He drinks his coffee.

"No it's not, breakfasts are essential for having a good day." You fold your arms. He raises an eyebrow at you, and let's a smile come to his lips.

"Surprise me." He chuckles. You light up at that and get started on breakfast humming to yourself happily. He watches you for a while sipping his coffee calmly.

"So where's our first destination, partner?" You peer back at him.

"The next island is named Overcast Island, it rains often there." He tells you. You pause and tilt your head.

"But... With your powers isn't that a bad idea?" You ask peering at him.

"Don't underestimate me ___. And besides, that island holds information that I need." He points out.

"Oh, I see..." You hum turning to him and setting the plate in front of him. "Here you are, enjoy Crocodile." You smile at him. He meets your gaze before giving a rather quiet thank you. You giggle lightly before heading out to the deck.

You find a place to sit on the railing, smiling at the horizon. It was moments like these, peaceful and quiet, did you think about your old friends, the three trouble makers that flipped your world upside down.

**Flashback**

"Get back here ya little pains in the ass!" You watch the butcher chase after the trio and laugh in amusement, tossing your apple at the butchers head. The boys pause and look back, grinning.

"___!!" They cheer climbing onto the building where you were.

"___!" The butcher howls. You chuckle swiftly scooping up the boys and running across the rooftops dodging the kitchen ware that were thrown at you. You giggle leaving town swiftly before putting the boys down.

"You guys are worse than me." You muse ruffling Ace's hair he chuckles smacking your hand away.

"___! We thought you left!" Luffy chimes.

"I did... But Uh... I kinda ran into a whirlpool and had to swim back." You sigh.

"That's too bad." Sabo frowns.

"I can't wait to become a teenager! Then I can leave too!" Luffy cheers.

"You can't leave, you're still too week." Ace pushes him.

"Am not! I'll show you!!" The younger boy shouts. You and Sabo exchange a look before you scoop up Luffy.

"I know you'll be so strong! Even the sea kings will fear you!" You muse tossing him up. He gasps and grins giggling cutely.

"Yeah! I'll send them flying with a punch!" He grips his arm as you catch him.

"___, don't encourage him.." Sabo sighs while Ace scoffs frowning. You smirk and put down Luffy, kneeling beside Ace and mushing his face.

"Aw! Freckles is so adorable. Like a little teddy bear!!" You coo making him blush and growl.

"I'll kick your ass lady!" He snaps. You smirk and push him over playfully.

"Then bring it on ya squirts!" You laugh running off.

"Get her!!" Ace roars jumping up. The boys give chase laughing in amusement.

You were sprawled out on the grassy hill, looking up at the sky with the boys. Luffy was on your torso already fast asleep. Ace's and Sabo's heads rest on your forearms.

"Hey ___, do you ever miss that island you came from?" Sabo asks.

"Never. That place was a hell..." You reply.

"A hell?" Ace echoes.

"You two ever come across a rabid animal?" You inquire.

"Yeah there was a fox that Sabo said was rabid a few weeks ago." Ace murmurs.

"Now imagine people having rabies... A whole island of them, they fight, turn on each other, and kill. All to survive... Rabid humans..." You whisper phasing out. "Monsters..."

"But you aren't like that, right ___?" Sabo asks carefully.

"No Sabo, just like you aren't like your family..." You breathe giving a smile. "But if it weren't for coming from those places we wouldn't have made such great friends right?" You grin. The two grin at that.

"Right!"

***Flashback End***

A hand moving in front of your face makes you blink back and look over at Crocodile. He smiles a bit tilting his head. "Where did you go?" He asks curiously.

"The past, did you miss me?" You joke lightly.

"You're an odd woman ___," He chuckles. "But I must admire your confidence."

"Admiration Huh? Lucky me." You nudge him playfully and he rumbles, watching you thoughtfully.

"I don't think luck has much to do with it." He muses looking ahead quietly. You blink and blush lightly, smiling more and leaning on him. He glances at you and smiles a bit.

"We're going to best friends!"

" ... What..?"