Chapter 15: All That Matters

Skilar's POV

It's been two years since Lauren and I fell in love at first sight. As summer quickly passes by, we are both excited and scared about what the future holds. About a week ago in early June, we both somehow graduated high school with honors and I only have a little vacation time before I go to Stanford.

In the past year and a half, I've been playing with the U-20 and U-23 national teams. I even got to train with the senior team which was probably the coolest thing I've ever done. While I'm the biggest Lauren Cimorelli fan who tries to go to every concert and brings a giant fathead of her face each time, she's the biggest Skilar Johnson fan and always comes to my games, whether it be a club, high school, or national team match, and cheers me on. She also brings Lisa or Dani who don't even need to try to be loud and rowdy, it's just in their nature.

In addition, Lauren has been my homework buddy and tutor while I was hers for the past year and a half. With her and her sisters touring, she was always traveling while I too was always traveling but with the national teams. We both desperately needed help with school so we helped each other out, especially since almost every time I came home, she was leaving. When both of us were out of town, we'd have Elli help us instead. We probably should have been homeschooled but I didn't want to leave another school yet again, plus I liked the sense of community my school had, perks of a private school.

We still haven't told anyone about our relationship, although I'm pretty sure my grandma, my brother, Mrs. Cimorelli, Lisa, and actually Lauren's whole family figured us out before we were even an item. There's also the fans who ship us but that's just out of fun, deep down they probably think we're just really close best friend. We've been pretty low-key and I guess you could say we're still in the honeymoon phase. I'll surprise Lauren with a date one day then she'll surprise me the next week with a new song she wrote just for me. I'm sure going to miss her. I mean we already barely see each other so it won't be too bad but still.

With a month long traveling hiatus for the both of us, we're now, once again, inseparable. It's actually kind of scary because we're not sure what we're going to do next month. Early during senior year, Lauren had decided she would put college on hold, and possibly not eventually go, as music is currently more important and more of a career. I wasn't surprised about her decision but there was a small hope in me that she would apply to Stanford, at the very least. There's no doubt that with her excellent grades and test scores, extensive involvement in school activities and clubs, and her unique profession that she wouldn't have gotten in but she has other, very promising plans for the future.

Recently, Lauren has been talking about her and her sisters moving to Nashville. Lauren never really spoke about "Cimorelli's" music unless she wanted to, which was maybe at most once or twice a month. At first, I thought she rarely spoke about her music because she was embarrassed and just too busy and tired with school but I soon understood that she was just sick of her record label and everything that came along with being in the music industry. I decided to not say anything until she brought it up and started to speak of moving to Nashville.

"I want to talk to you about something," she stated seriously. She sat up on my bed as I laid next to her, rubbing her back.

"Yes?" I asked, cautious of the serious tone in her voice.

"So you know how I never talk about the music my sisters and I make because we are disappointed with the industry and everything? I know it's annoying, sorry," she said.

"It's not annoying and yes," I said as I nodded my head in response.

"Well," she took a deal breath, "We've been thinking and...."