Chapter 5: I Just Really Love You

Skilar's POV

For the rest of the day, I watched that light in Lauren's eyes. That light that turned on whenever she got really happy and was content about life. In between filming, Lauren and I studied vigorously for our AP exam.

"Great job everyone, that's a wrap!" The director guy of the video said cheerfully. I badly wanted to give Lauren a quick kiss on her cheek, she was just so good in the video. We all climbed into the car and began to drive back home.

"Are you sure you don't want me to drop you off at your house?" Christina asked for the fifth time.

"It's fine Christina, it's literally a two minute walk." I said giggling.

"Yes but it's dark." Christina said slightly worried.

"I'll be fine Chris." I said assuringly.

"Fine, go ahead but Lauren, you walk her over." Christina demanded.

"But then I'd be in danger of being kidnapped on my way back. Weren't you worried about the dark?" Lauren whined.

"Oh shut up, fine do whatever Skilar." Christina said defeatedly. The others went into the house as Lauren and I stood alone on the front steps of the house.

"So...." I said.

"So...." Lauren said and we both hurt out laughing.

"So, uh, goodnight." I said awkwardly as I hugged her. I would've kissed her if we were somewhere more private and excluded from people. As I pulled away, I whispered in her ear, "I love you beautiful."

"I'll text you later." I said then left, walking back to my house in a trance... the whole day was just so perfect.

"How was your day?" Grandma asked once I walked into the house.

"It was great." I answered smiling.

"I'm going out tonight and Austin is on a business trip so you're home alone for the night and most of tomorrow." Grandma said casually as she picked up a small suitcase.

"Woah there Grandma, what?!" I asked clueless.

"I'm going out with a friend of mine, just a little getaway. We're going into LA just because girls wanna have fun." She answered.

"Grandma, you're 75." I said, trying to get Grandma to admit she's crazy.

"And?" She asked. I took a deep breath and rubbed my head, it's like I'm her mother.

"Well, don't you think I shouldn't be home alone for a whole night? I'm only 15." I added, trying to knock some sense into her.

"I know you don't drink and you're probably not going to invite a ton of people over, you're a good girl." She answered. She was right, the only person I'd invite to come over is Lauren.

HONK!

"OH! There's my ride, see you tomorrow afternoon!" Grandma said and left, it had only been 15 minutes after I arrived home that she left. I waved goodbye to her as she drove off then I closed the door and locked it. I had the whole house to myself, or should I say, the whole mansion to myself.

TICK!

Something had hit the window, I ran over to see it was Lauren. She had a few pebbles in her hands as she threw them at my window. I smiled once I made eye contact with her. I walked over to the front door and opened it and she stepped in with a backpack on her backpack.

"I hope you don't mind, I told my mom I'm sleeping over at your house." Lauren said.

"Well, I'm home alone for the night so your luck and thank God you're here because I'd probably be scared all night." I said as I closed the door behind her and kissed her cheek. She set her bag down by the couch while I went to the kitchen.