Chapter 10: I'll Be Your Teacher, You'll Be My Doctor

Lauren's POV

I opened my eyes and searched the now very familiar surroundings. Skilar had been watching me sleep and I could see a smile form on her lips. For some reason, I didn't find her staring at me while I was sleeping creepy at all. But for the fun of it, I said, "Way to be a creep, Ski."

"You're cute when you sleep because you're never talking." Skilar said with a smirk then kissed my nose. I was a little flustered at first and could feel my cheeks burn for a quick second. I quickly regained my composure and as she sat up on the bed, I said, "Wait, but I rarely ever talk because I'm just an awkward, very weird, singing nerd."

"Well to me, you're my talkative, awkward, very weird, singing nerd whom I love very much." She said with a smile as she gave me a kiss on the cheek then got up. "Now get up and get ready for church."

"Aye aye Ski." I said giggling.

I never really realized how much I loved Skilar until today at church. While my family was there as well as hers, I couldn't act like Skilar and I were anything more than best friends. When we said peace, I was so close to kissing her then and there but all I could do was give her a small hug. To make matters worse, my mom gave me a weird smirk. Otherwise, church was pretty great and Godly. You could hear Katherine say every prayer and Lisa sing like no one else was there, gosh they're so loud. After mass, I was still able to hang out with my beautiful girlfriend for the rest of the day since I had told my parents Ski and I had studied.

"We're going skateboarding." I stated as Skilar and I walked home from church. We both fought the urge to hold each other's hands.

"I can't skateboard." She said, looking at me with an adorable horrified look. Her eyes were wide and I could see her eyes get a little red in embarrassment.

"I'll teach you." I said with a smile.

"Do you have an extra helmet, some skateboarding pads, football pads, and shin guards? I think I'll need it." She said nervously.

"Oh Ski," I giggled, "You'll be fine. You're already very athletic, you'll get the hang of it in no time."

"Okay fine but can I please at least have a helmet and some pads? I don't wanna get hurt." She replied.

"Yes my little soccer player." I said rolling my eyes. Once we had gotten to my house, I quickly went inside and got two skateboards, two helmets, and some pads. Thankfully no else in my family noticed me so I didn't have to be pestered by any questions, especially from my mom.

"Okay, let's go!" I said excitedly as I came out of my house.

"Wait, where are we going?" My blonde beauty asked.

"To the beach." I replied casually.

"Why?"

"It's flatter and not as overwhelming and whatnot. We can just skate in peace and privacy." I said with a reassuring smile then we started walking. She carried the board I gave her, the pads, and helmet while I carried mine.

"Okay babe." She answered as she shrugged then ran a hand through her blonde locks.

"Don't do that." I said blushing.

"Do what?" She asked, turning to look at me smiling, continuing to run her hand hotly through her hair.

"You know exactly what you're doing." I said, looking away from her.

"And that is?" She asked smirking.

"Making me a mess." I said, still avoiding her gaze.

"That's a good thing Lolo." She whispered in my ear, causing me to get a shiver down my back.