Songbird

(A/N: Hey guys! I know I haven't updated in a really long time, but the truth is, I've had no inspiration for any stories lately. I tend to randomly get a good idea every few months so that's probably when I'll be updating from now on. But I hope you enjoy this new story as much as I enjoy writing it for y'all!)

Day 12

She was still singing. The girl next door, I mean. 6:30pm, every evening. Her voice was just angelic, she sounded like a real life angel. Of course, I'd never seen her, so for all I know, she could be. She leaves her apartment extremely early of a morning, before the birds are singing, and she arrives home while I'm at work. Sundays are the only chance I get to see the face behind this perfect voice.

Today, she was singing something new. I hadn't heard of it before, so I thought maybe it was something she wrote herself? Whatever it was, it was a hit. Or, could be. I still wrote down everything she sung in my journal. I'd fallen in love with her voice, and quite frankly, although I'd never seen her, I'd fallen in love with the girl behind the voice. 

I figured, knocking on her door just to tell her that her voice was incredible, was maybe a bit too much. Kinda awkward, so I never did that. I just hoped one day, that I would bump into this girl. The girl with the angelic voice. 

Day 27

I still hadn't seen the face behind the voice. I guess the girl didn't want to be seen. But tomorrow is Sunday, maybe if I keep a look out, I'll see who this girl is. 27 days of song lyrics I had in my journal. Songs I'd heard before, and songs I hadn't. But I had a keepsake, to remember that beautiful voice. 

"You, can take this heart, heal it or break it all apart,

No this isn't fair, love me or leave me here,

Aah-aah-ahh, oh-ah-aah-ah-aah,

Love me or leave me here

Aah-aah-ahh, oh-ah-aah-ah-aah,

Love me or leave me here."

That was the song she sang tonight, and it was by far my favourite.

Day 28: Sunday.

I had been looking out my window for the girl with the angelic voice to arrive back home, all day. It got to 6:30, and I heard the guitar through the walls of my apartment. She hadn't even left. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be. Maybe I wasn't meant to see her. Maybe, I was just supposed to listen, and appreciate the voice I was hearing. I listened, she sang for a little longer this time, and of course wrote what I was hearing. 

Once the music stopped, I closed my eyes in the arm chair, and pictured what a girl with that voice could look like. I pictured, blonde hair, a petite figure and a beautiful smile with teeth as white as snow. A dress, flowery maybe, with white sandals and a flower crown in her hair. The girl I was picturing was pale, not the tallest of girls, but her voice made up for that. 

The next thing I knew, I was being woken up from someone knocking on my apartment door. The picture of the girl behind the voice quickly buzzed away in my mind, and I got up to see who was bothering me at 8:45pm. I opened the door, and the picture came back, because there she was. The short, pale, petite blonde girl, with the beautiful smile. She was stood at my door. 

"Hi, I'm sorry to bother you. My name is Perrie Edwards and I live next door. I have just noticed that I received some of your mail in my post today."

Perrie Edwards. What a beautiful name.

"I, um, tha-thank you" I mumbled, still staring at the girl. She must've thought I was crazy. 

"No problem, sorry to bother you so late" she said. "See ya."

As she began to walk away, my mouth quickly shot open.

"Wait!" I said, without thinking. Why did I get her to wait? What was I going to say?

"Yeah?" she answered. 

"Yo-you have a beautiful voice" I smiled.

And that is the story of when I came face to face with the face behind the angelic voice. Perrie Edwards. Wanna know what happened after that? Perrie and I quickly became extremely good friends, and the both of us are now in a girl group called Little Mix with two other girls, Jesy and Leigh-Anne. Turns out, I'm not a bad singer myself!

And Perrie stills sings for me, every night at 6:30pm. Just for me. And every night, I fell more and more in love with her. Until she finally felt the same way.