The Scraped Path | Chapter 2

The Natural Massacre
_________________________

A few hours later, the sun rose for another morning.
Within the Realm of nature, Viridi shouted and scream to summon Dark Pit to her Command Room. The high pitched voice rang into his ears which forced him to go straight to her.

With his blank face matching his crimson eyes as his eye sight went passed Viridi once he entered the Command Room.

"I have something important to tell you." She said with passion.

"...What?" Dark Pit replied.

"I said: I have something important to tell you."

"...I still don't understand." The dark angle complained. He glanced behind him to see a tall, pink-skinned man in a black tuxedo.

"Hey, Arlon." He called, "Come here for a moment."

Once Arlon arrived, Dark Pit pointed at Viridi. A confused look was plastered onto his face as he asked.

"Do you know what she's talking about?"

"From overhearing your conversation, she said that she has something important to tell you."

"...She ha--...sone thing import tank to hell stew?"

"Apparently, the pitch of your voice damaged his ears, Viridi."

"What do you mean by 'damaged my ears'? I'm just fine."

Both Viridi and Arlon pressure their faces with their hands. A sigh slipped out of their mouths as the dark angel looked around in confusion.

"Anyway," the goddess began and Arlon continued to what he was doing, "every April, the Forces of Nature does something special. Do you know what it is."

"No." Dark Pit replied.

"Well you better get comfortable because this might take a while."

•  •  •

"Come here for a moment, Pit" Palutena ordered two hours prior.

"What is it Lady Pautena?"

"It's still about yesterday."

"I know! We can't risk an attack like that again."

"I know." The goddess frowned, "For now on, we have to keep an eye out around Skyworld within a twenty-mile radius. We can spot and defeat the enemy before they can get close."

"Understood! Wait... What's that?" Pit pointed through the goddesses clairvoyance.

"It looks like an enemy."

"Should we attack?"

"Yes, Pit. Hurry and equip yourself."

"But it looks like they're just passing by."

"It doesn't matter. We have to get rid of them before they could destroy Skyworld."

"Okay."

After rushing throughout his weaponry, he equipped the Viridi Palm for last minute reasons. Then he rushed back to the extraction room and through the door. Palutena activated the Power of Flight for him and he flew towards the "enemy" as quickly as possible.

A group of Nutskis followed Dark Pit as they began their training. High in the sky, he glanced to his right to see a Palutena statue. His eyes widened, but he quick shook it off.

Suddenly, the dark angel spotted a bright blue glow. The brightness almost blinded him, so he used his hand to shade his eyes. Soon he looked at the light coming towards him. Before he could react, all the Nutskis following him were gunned down and killed. He watched as they all turned into dust. At that time, he had a good view of the owner of the glow as it passed by. In his vision was a twin with white wings.

"You!" He yelled as he flown by his counterpart.

"Pittoo!" Pit replied as he shot towards the dark angel.

"Just let him go for now, Pit." Palutena interrupted, "The enemy is eliminated!"

Dark Pit shot back at the angel using the Ninja Palm, but he missed. Pit was showered by light before vanishing and taking the hit. The dark angel grunted in anger and flew back to Viridi's Realm, figuring out a way to break the news to the goddess.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Did you like the chapter?

Did you like the weapon chosen for the chapter?

Leave your comments on what Kid Icarus: Uprising weapon that should be featured next. The most replies will be the Weapon of the Chapter.

Make sure it's a different weapon class this time!

See you next time!