The Scraped Path | Chapter 9

Salt Water
_________________________

Pit slept nervously in his bed of silk. The accident of yesterday replayed in his dreams as he slept. All he heard was screams from his goddess and gore in his image. The angel shot back into reality. He looked around his room anxiously, then he stared at the door. He flipped the covers off of him and dashed out of his room erratically.

Palutena slept peacefully with the warmth of her cushion. As she slept, the door creeped open. A shadow soon slid onto the goddess of light. Her sudden uneasiness caused her to wake up. She jumped when she noticed the shaped darkness above her. Then, she sighed, now knowing that it was Pit.

"Goodness, Pit." Palutena rubbed her eyes. "Why are you up so early."

"I just wanted to see if you were up." Pit lied.

"Really?"

"...I'm hungry." He lied again.

Palutena sighed, "It's about an hour before we usually wake up. And I want to get more sleep, but I think I can make you some breakfast. What would you like?"

"Pancakes!"

"Eggs and bacon it is!"

With joy, the green haired woman jumped up to her feet and changed to more formal wear. She took Pit to her temple's kitchen where she cooked him a morning meal.

"Palutena?" Viridi questioned telepathically.

"Yes?" Palutena replied.

"We have an emergency."

"Pit, equip yourself. It's almost time to go."

"But I haven't finished my bacon." Pit cried.

"Eat the bacon another time."

"...Okay." Pit dragged himself to prepare for the future.

"Let me guess." The goddess of light continued, "The Underworld Army is attacking another palace."

"On the nose." Viridi cheered, "What worries me is your flight limit."

"What about it?"

"I think it's pretty far to fly there in five minutes."

"What about you?"

"I don't do much, actually. But I'm sure we'll get there. Would you like me to control the flying?"

"I think I can handle it."

"Oh really?"

"Five bucks if I do."

"Ten if you don't."

"Deal."

Not too long after, Pit changed and threw on his fighting gear. In a rush and without thinking twice, Pit equipped a palm and rushed towards the Extraction Door that led to the ocean. Once those doors opened, Pit jumped through while a colorful light glowed from his wings. When he gain his adjustment he looked back up to see Dark Pit staring at him, crossing his left arm over his Cursed Palm.