The Scraped Path | Chapter 4

Triggerhappy
_________________________

Once Pit had returned to Palutena's Temple, he was greeted by the goddess herself. She had a smile plastered on her face and her soft skin glowed.

"Great job, Pit." She cheered.

"Thanks!" The angel replied, "Since this counts as a big thing, can we go somewhere for desert?!"

"I guess I can have some ice cream."

"Yes!"

As Pit yelled in excitement as they left the extraction room and everything went quiet.

The ground shook and growled, causing Palutena to fall face forward. The walls soon shattered, crumbled, and the roof began to loose support. Pit jumped into action as he dragged the goddess out of the room. The ruble from the roof collapsed onto the floor, leavening a mess.

"And we were almost done repairing the place." The angel complained.

"That is the lease of our problems right now." Palutena commanded and she activated her "All Seeing Eye,"
"We need to figure what exactly is attacking us."

Through her celestial powers, she glanced around the temple. Natural looking enemies scattered about and invaded the land.

"Pit, equip yourself." Palutena commanded, "Viridi is paying us a visit."

With his second rush, he re-equipped himself with the Palutena Bow he holds close to his heart. Then he ran towards the main entrance of Palutena's Temple  to be welcome by the Forces of Nature. Thus, he began his defensive technique and began attacking the enemy.

Meanwhile, on the opposing side, Dark Pit and a group of Bladers and Parashooters snuck in through the back way to begin their objective.

"Bladers, cover the left flank and Parashooters, you cover the right. I'll take care of the center." The dark angel explained, "Remember: If you see an angel that looks like me, but with brown hair, hurt him, don't kill him. All we need to do is destroy as mush as possible."

With an inability to speak, the troops nodded and began to separate. While saying bye to his followers mentally, he turned to the emergency exit to the temple.

"Viridi, why are we doing this?" Dark Pit complained, "...Viridi?"

No answer was ensued. The dark angel pause in his movements to the sound of silence from the goddess.

"I guess Viridi trusts me enough to do this alone." He said softly as he continued his journey.

During his adventure, Pit and Palutena continued to resist the attack. Many Nutskis and Jitterthugs surrounding him.

"They never end!" The angel complained as he shot down another Jitterthug.

"I know." His goddess replied, "Try your best to take out the Nutskis first. The only enemies attacking you are the Jitterthugs."

"I'll do my best."

"Be careful, Pi--" The telepathy cut her off.

"Lady Palutena?!" Pit reacted severely.

The Centurions have returned for another fight after the cutoff. Without thinking twice, the angel rushed back into the temple, leaving his allies behind.