Chapter 18

Chapter Eighteen

I lurched when I woke up again, bile rising rapidly in my throat. A choking noise hit the room, my eyes wide, shoulders hunching just in time to find myself staring at a gray bucket, which Eleanor was holding for me. She was wearing the same thing she wore when I fell asleep, but something bright caught my eye over her face. However, I was too distracted to really notice.

Chunks of bile went into the bucket, and I gargled disgustingly, my hands clutching onto the blankets. I felt like my insides were all twisted up, and that every single food I had eaten was being washed out.

When I was done, I fell back on the bed, wiping shakily at my mouth and trying to gather my composure. Eleanor vanished from the room with her bucket, and my eyes were closed when she returned. The pillow I was sleeping on was leaned up against the headboard at a thicker angle to where I was halfway sitting up.

I groaned and touched my cheeks, which felt smoldering under my hand's touch.

"What's wrong with me?" I grumbled.

"Oh, your body's just getting rid of the medicine. That's all." Eleanor replied. "You should be done now, though. It looks like you just cleared your entire system." I flinched when I felt something cold and wet touch my cheek-it was a wet rag, and Eleanor's face was concerned as she looked me over.

It was then I remembered.

Harry drugged me.

"He drugged me," I grumbled angrily, secretly blaming him for why I felt so sick.

"He told us he thought those pills were the painkillers." Eleanor said.

"He lied. He's not stupid-he always knows what he's doing." I replied dryly, freezing when my chest contracted again. I feared I would throw up again, I'm not a fan of throwing up, but I relaxed when my chest melted down, my arms going limp at my sides.

It was then I noticed Eleanor's face.

I did a double-take. She was wearing bright, bright pink lipstick that was actually a bit smudged, and her frail cheeks were glowing in an undoubtedly unnatural hot pink color. Her eyelids were full of bright blue eye shadow, and truth be told, her hair was held back in high ponytails.

"What happened to you?" I asked slowly.

She chuckled, "Lottie wanted to give me a makeover. She loves makeup, and she does so well with it."

I looked over her blotchy makeup, wondering how Eleanor could consider it "good." I figured that since Lottie was just a child, then that was pretty good for her age. I just couldn't look away from Eleanor. It looked like she was a toddler in an older girl's body, and honestly, those pig tails made her look so much younger.

"How is everyone?" I asked quietly.

Eleanor's face turned serious. "Everyone's fine now, I guess. I don't really know what we're going to do now. Louis won't tell me anything. I think Gemma doesn't want us here-"

"-I can't really blame her," I muttered disdainfully.

"-but I think she's kind of getting along with the boys." Eleanor finished.

"She is?" That was a definite surprise.

"Yeah-"

"-El, El, El!" Lottie's small voice come from the door, and we both looked just in time to see the small toddler hurry into the room. She was holding what looked like a beanie, and her eyes were wide. "Help me!"

She didn't exactly pronounce "Help." It sounded more like "Hewp."

"What's wrong baby?" Eleanor asked.