Chapter 34: The End

Last Chapter

Harry POV

"You're nervous."

"I'm not nervous."

"Yes you are."

"No, I'm not."

"Harry-"

"-shut up, Lou." I snapped, turning to give him a harsh glare. Louis shut his mouth from the look I gave him-well, he shut it for a moment before he muttered:

"It's alright to be nervous."

"You're pissing me off, mate."

"Because you know I'm right. Harry, there's nothing to be ashamed of. Every man is nervous on his wedding day."

I realized I had been tapping my foot, and I stilled my foot movement and turned to glance uncertainly at Louis. "Really?"

He had a small, knowing smile, one that was really starting to piss me off. "It's mandatory."

"This isn't a fucking joke." I retorted. "I'm so happy you find this amusing; I'll remember this when you and El get married."

"Relax," Louis stepped forward and clasped his hand on my shoulder in a comforting gesture. "Look at you, all tense. How come you're nervous?"

Why the hell was I nervous?

There weren't even many people sitting in the rows of chairs we set out. Maybe I was "nervous" because it looked like it was about to rain any minute now-god damn it, why did it always rain at the worst times? The fucking weatherman, according to Liam, said it was supposed to be a perfect day; it looks like our ideas of perfect are fucking different.

Fuck.

People were chatting amongst themselves out in the crowd; there was only one long row. Gemma was seated next to Zayn, so I kept a close watch-the other day I nearly gave him another black eye when I caught him kissing her. And that was when Gemma decided to announce that she wanted to date him, which I normally wouldn't allow, but Gemma could be very persuasive.

By persuasive, I mean she slapped me on the face. Which didn't hurt, but I could tell she really did care for my mate a lot to get violent.

The wedding wasn't big and "fancy;" no, it was small and personal. I had one best man, and Claire had one bridesmaid, which was Eleanor-of course, and Louis was my best man. Eleanor was saying something to Louis from across the aisle, and Louis chuckled at something she said, his attention diverting away from me for a moment.

And I stared straight down the aisle; it was still empty.

When was this supposed to start again?

I pulled my dark sleeve up to check my watch for the time, but then I realized I didn't wear a fucking watch.

God damn it.

I shifted my weight on my feet, running a hand through my hair, ruffling it. My eyes tightened into a glare when I heard thunder off in the distance; was this fucking weather for real?

Of course it would rain on my wedding day.

"Harry, you never answered my question." Louis reminded me from behind, softly. "How come you're nervous? If it's the rain you're worried about, we can just take this inside. It's no big deal."

No, it's a big fucking deal.

"It's not the rain," I replied.

"Then what is it?"

"I don't know," My voice was heavy with irritation, and I was really hoping this would get Louis to stop questioning me. I really had no idea why the hell I was nervous-I shouldn't even be nervous. I should be fucking happy.

But I am fucking happy.

"She's going to walk down that aisle." Louis murmured reassuringly. "She will."

She better.

But even with this determined thought, I glanced out over the crowd; my facial features grew narrowed when the sound of a piano started being played by the woman we hired-apparently she was the wife of the man who owned the jewelry store that Claire now worked at. So even the old man was in the crowd, smiling widely at me; the boys were off towards the left, and it looked like Liam was trying to get Niall to silence himself, who was currently holding hands with Perrie. Ed Sheeran and some more of the organization were on the other side, and Ed flashed me a quick thumbs up.

Where the fuck was she?

I was growing slightly antsy when I still didn't see Claire. However, when I saw my niece appear from the side of the aisle, sporting a pearly white dress with small flowers decorating her hair, I felt my nerves somewhat lift when she hurried nervously down the aisle, sprinkling white flowers over the aisle. She made her way to Gemma, who pulled her into her lap and kissed her forehead.

Come on, Claire.

Don't do this to me.

Be there.

My breath hitched in my throat when her dress came into view; the entire world stopped around me, and the sound of heavy thunder didn't even hit me when I saw Claire appear at the end of the aisle.

Holy fucking shit.

I was stunned, speechless. Because in front of me was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen in my entire life-an angel, a woman radiating life and my light. Her eyes were downcast to the floor, shy and embarrassed, hesitant to be walking the aisle by herself since her bastard of a father wasn't here for her. She held up the front of her dress so she wouldn't trip; her short hair was curled, framing her soft, feminine features gently, and I could see that her eyes had the barest yet noticeable hint of red-she was blushing. But that wasn't a shock, because Claire blushed very easily.

But she was there-she came.

And that's all that mattered to me.

She started to slowly walk down the aisle, and everyone rose out of their seats to look back at her. I couldn't even look at them because my entire focus-my entire being was focused on the most beautiful creature coming towards me.

And she was mine.

She was my wife, well, in a few minutes she'd be officially.

What the hell have I done to deserve her? Nothing. I've done absolutely nothing; in fact, I was a lowly being compared to her. I was vile, with a haunting past with absolutely nothing to be proud of.

But there's nothing else in the world like meeting someone who was able to understand and get to know you-to forget the past, to look past it and see you. And there was definitely nothing like that same person falling in love with you.

I was one lucky bastard, that's something I was absolutely sure of.

Her pale, lively blue eyes rose to meet mine bashfully, cautiously, and my entire being felt like it was beaming at her. I wanted her to run across the aisle-I wanted her to hurry, yet I didn't want to look away. I was blinded by her being, completely blinded, and I'd rather not have it any other way.

She must've seen what she had hoped to see, because suddenly, her entire face lifted into a broad grin, and I could feel my face doing the same.

When she got close to the aisle, I held out my hand to hold, and her soft skin met mine; her hands were slightly shaking with nerves, and I muttered under my breath, "Don't be nervous, Claire." My words did little to her nerves, however, because all she could offer me was a feeble smile.

"I know," She whispered.

I hid my nerves because I wanted to give the impression that I was completely confident; if I appeared nervous, then surely she'd get even more nervous. We both turned to face the aged priest, which was the priest of Gemma's church apparently, who was a rather young man for a priest. I always pictured priests to be old men, but apparently I was wrong.

He started saying a wedding speech, and since we've practiced this a few times, I knew exactly what to do, and I could instantly feel myself relax from this certainty. From here on, I knew what was going to happen.

"I do," Claire whispered, and I gently slid the ring on the right finger this time, unlike when I had proposed to her. She shared a private inside smile with me as we both thought of the same thing, and suddenly, I wanted nothing more than to kiss the living hell out of her because she looked so-

"You may kiss the bride." The priest confirmed suddenly. I had ignored his thoughts, being drowned in the woman in front of me, so when he finally announced what I had been waiting for, I paused.

I knew this was supposed to be where I kissed Claire; she was waiting for me, everyone was.

Instead, I leaned down, grasped gently onto her soft cheeks, and pressed my lips onto her right cheek, and whispered, "I love you so much,"

I wanted to thank her for some reason; I guess I wanted to thank her for sticking with me when I was a fucking monster. Oh, I knew I was a monster; I still had inner demons-I could still be a monster, but Claire was the reason for me to try my best and hide this monster, to keep it inside of me rather than letting it corrupt me again.

So I pulled away and slowly kissed her, only for a moment. People were cheering, clapping, wanting us to kiss even more, but this wedding wasn't supposed to be about a fucking kiss.

It was about us and the beginning of our future together.

~~~~

"I'd like to propose a toast," Louis announced as everyone was seated; he stood upon the podium, clenching his glass of wine in his hand. He then took a moment to fix the microphone, but his finger poked at it a bit too hard and a harsh screeching sound blared everywhere. I heard Claire chuckle next to me, and I tightened my hold on her hand, leaning down to kiss her on her forehead

"Well, not exactly a toast," Louis corrected himself, shoving one hand in his pocket. "But I'd like to say something, and it's centered mainly for the bride and groom, but it's also for...us. And by us, I mean One Direction."

I slightly frowned when he mentioned our gang name, and I glanced over to see that Claire's face had not faltered. God damn it, why did he have to mention the gang?

"We're strong sons of bitches," Louis said suddenly, and Ed blurted something in agreement, causing Louis to slightly chuckle before getting serious again. "And we're brothers-we're all one big happy family, dysfunctional in some aspects, but nonetheless, we're a family in this twisted world we live in." His smile turned fond as his blue eyes looked over everyone, "And I just want to say how much I love you guys." He held up the glass of wine before taking a large sip, pausing to step off the stage.

Eleanor stepped onto the stage; she was pregnant for sure now, but there was really no difference in her stomach now, since it had only been a few weeks. I leaned further back in my chair, taking a sip of my wine. It was my first thing I've drunk that was anything similar to alcohol, as in beer and whatnot. I wasn't planning on getting wasted, of course, but I did want to fucking loosen up on my wedding day.

"I knew there was something different with Claire from the first time I saw her." Eleanor said, her eyes looking at Claire. "She just looked like she didn't belong her. But she's honestly the sister I've never had, and I love her more than anything. Claire, you and Harry make the best couple-if people knew of the story you've been through, there would definitely been a fan base on you two." She chuckled. "Anyway, I wish you two the world." She took a smaller sip from her water, since she avoided drinking wine since she was pregnant and all.

Next was Gemma, who was leading Lottie up on the podium. Lottie's lips were stained a bright red from drinking the fruit punch here, and Claire and I exchanged easygoing smiles at that.

I wasn't the best with kids, but I supposed that came with time. Who knew? Maybe Claire and I could, someday-not now of course-raise a family if our own.

"Well, it looks like my big brother is getting married!" Gemma, I could tell, was slightly drunk, and I knew I was going to have to step in a few minutes from now to tell her that she wasn't going to have any more to drink. "Like El said, you two are the best couple out there. You're perfect for one another, you know?" She cleared her throat; normally Gemma was so sophisticated, that it was strange seeing her not knowing what to say, especially in front of everyone. "I also wanted to show everyone something, if Harry doesn't mind?" She held up the tape that my mother had left me, and for a moment, I was furious because why the hell would she even dare suggest showing this in front of everyone? This was something personal and fucking private to me.

But that was until I realized that what Louis said was true. We were family-all of us. There was nothing wrong to watch it together. But I did feel uneasy as Gemma rolled a tv, yes a fucking tv onto the small podium-she had this planned all along. The tv wasn't small, it was huge, and we were able to have a very clear picture of everything.

"This is exciting," Claire muttered to me, giving me an encouraging smile. I forced a smile in return. I had no idea what to fucking expect, to be honest.

The sound blared on the speakers, and there was ruffling. Suddenly, there was an image of my house. It looked older, the grass more fresh and less trees, and the camera was shaking a bit.

"Harry, come here!"

It was her; it was my mother's voice. She was calling me somewhere in the video, and a moment passed before my mother walked into the frame, holding onto a little boy's hand.

And that little boy was me.

My mother crouched down in front of me, the camera zooming in on her face, and she had such a tender smile as she asked, "What do you have to say for yourself?"

I knew it was my father who was filming, but luckily, he stayed silent.

The tv was now showing an extremely close up to my face as a boy, and I was shocked at how child-like I looked. My eyes looked so much bigger, and my hair looked straight almost and darker, hanging limply over my head. And then I grinned, huge dimples popping on either side of my mouth and exclaimed, "It's my birthday!"

A lot of people laughed at this, and Claire moved her chair back so she could lean into me. My mother was laughing at my happiness, and she pulled me into a tight hug, trying to kiss me on the forehead. But me, as a kid, tried pushing her away with my face scrunching.

"Ew, Mum, no! Stop!"

"Harry's Mommy's little boy, isn't he?" My mother cooed affectionately. I didn't recall anything from this day-nothing at all, but I was smiling widely to myself at the images I was seeing.

That was my only past that wasn't haunting or bad; it was the only happiness I could look upon. But now, when I looked at Claire and everyone around me, I couldn't help but note and remind myself that now, I could continue the happiness and stop living in the past.

Claire POV

"You're still scared of me, aren't you?"

I looked up in surprise to stare into Zayn's dark eyes, smiling sheepishly.

"Maybe just a bit," I replied, tightening my grip on his shoulders. His hands were loose around my waist, and we kept a fair distance from one another. It was the part of the wedding now-the looser part where we actually celebrate. I got to change out of my wedding dress into a shorter, white one; it let me move around so much easier, yet it had a lovely, classical feel to it.

Harry was dancing with his sister across the field; right now the music was at a steady pace and it was lively, so I could see Gemma smirking up at her brother, evidently teasing him. I had been dancing with Harry before, and she cut through us, announcing we should switch partners.

Zayn chuckled, though I could tell he was serious, "You don't have to be afraid of me anymore, really. I have no intention of hurting anyone anymore-it's all a part of the past now."

We moved along the music in silence, and I asked quietly, "What changed?"

Zayn hesitated, his face turning sober. "When I saw Harry and Louis that night after Nathan got you and the girls. They barely slept, and as soon as the sun set, they were ready to look for you girls as soon as possible. They wouldn't give up, and they were a disaster without you two. It was honestly very alarming and...peculiar." He trailed off uncertainly, looking past my face for a moment. "That was when I realized that Harry hadn't changed; he was still the leader I used to look up to. Well, he has changed but-"

"-not him as an entire being." I finished for Zayn with a shrug as the music began fading out. "I think it's great you and Gemma are dating, by the way. Lottie really likes you."

Zayn smiled at that, obviously prideful from the fact, "Thanks. It's different being part of an actual family now, you know?"

The music had died down completely, and that was when-just as the next song began-I was tugged easily out of Zayn's grasp and pulled into someone else's. The next moment I was looking into a pair of emerald eyes before his lips crashed upon mine, his arms enveloping around my waist to pull me closer into his chest.

I was speechless for a moment from Harry's sudden ferocity until he pulled away; his gaze was slightly dark now, "You look ravishing in that dress, Claire."

"And you look handsome in that tuxedo," I replied with a wide grin, trying to sway his lust by grasping onto his cheeks. "Want to dance again?"

I was a quick-wit boy, diving too deep for coins

All of your street light eyes wide on my plastic toys

Then when the cops closed the fair, I cut my long baby hair

Stole me a dog-eared map and called for you everywhere

My eyes, however, widened when I instantly recognized the song, and now alit with excitement; I clutched closer to Harry, leaning up to whisper into his ear, "Do you remember this song?"

His eyebrows furrowed for a moment to try and remember the song, so I gently put his hands on my waist and began swaying to the music. I hummed lightly under my breath, waiting expectantly for him to finally remember the song.

Have I found you

Flightless bird, jealous, weeping or lost you, American mouth

Big pill looming

"Don't you remember?" I whispered. "We danced to this inside your house."

His eyes glinted in recognition instantly, his hands tightening around the curve of my hips in certainty. He breathed, "Oh, that song."

Except now, that dark look was gone from Harry's eyes, and his focus was on me again. And unlike when we danced in the house, there was no perverted forwardness here; I didn't feel terrified; I was in no danger.

I was safe.

I was safe with Harry Styles.

It was amazing to see how different things were between us now. I no longer cringed around him; I was at complete easy, and it took me days to stop having the horrifying nightmares concerning Nathan and his antics.

I was so caught up with Harry that I hadn't noticed how people cleared a space for us, everyone now watching us dance. I caught Eleanor's eye, and she was smiling widely-like a kid, and her brown eyes were glossy with emotion. Perrie looked genuinely happy, so different than how she used to feel about this whole ordeal. And for a moment, a selfish part of my being wished Fran was here, just because she was with me through this entire being, but she was free now-Nathan never caught her, which was a good thing.

Have I found you

Flightless bird, grounded, bleeding or lost you, American mouth

Big pill stuck going down

And that was when I felt the first rain drop-right on my nose. I shot Harry a look, and in the very next moment, it began pouring with thick rain droplets.

I could hear people shuffle away, trying to get back inside before getting too wet. I felt Harry tugging on my arm, his arms tightening around my waist to help carry me so we could move quicker.

"No-put me down!" I protested suddenly, and I could sense his confusion behind me as he set me back on my feet.

It was raining.

It was pouring.

I stared up at the grey sky, seeing the thick clouds of rain overhead of us. And that same feeling of absolute liberation hit me; one could not control the rain, no matter what you did.

"It's just rain," I murmured. My entire body was already soaked, anyway. The poor hair stylist who did my hair was certainly going to be disappointed, but I could care less about my hair. Yes, it hung in scraggy tresses around my face, and my makeup was probably getting smudged. My high heels were digging into the ground, so I bent down and took them off. Harry stood there in the rain with me, his dark, curly hair matted with water, his tuxedo drenched and clinging tightly to his body. He was staring at me with a cocked eyebrow, obviously trying to figure me out.

"It's just the rain," I repeated, to myself, breaking out in a giddy smile. A thunder sounded above me-how funny it was, to think I used to be afraid of storms.

"Claire? What are you doing?" Harry questioned me slowly. I grasped onto his hand and pulled him back onto the field, intertwining our fingers and stepping closer to him with a soft smile.

"Can't you feel it?" I murmured, staring into his eyes. I didn't need to say it, because I could see that he felt it too-that same liberating feeling I felt.

So he leaned down and kissed me gently at first, and then his movements grew frenzied and he hoisted me up into his arms, locking my legs around his waist, and we stood in the middle of that bleak storm that had literally rained on our wedding day; but we were not dismayed or sad, simply because:

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

___________________________

Authors note: SmilinForYa

Chapter End Notes:
Wow guys!

Shocking, isn't it? This is finally THE END. Of Twisted and Unstable. But might I say how incredibly this journey has been. I actually re-read Twisted a few nights ago and CRINGED because of how terrible the beginning was. There were sooo many mistakes, and honestly, I doubt I'd stick with reading a story with that many mistakes.

But you guys stuck with me. With all the mistakes I had, you kept reading to give me and my fucking twisted story a chance, and now look at where we are. Words cannot explain how grateful for I am on the feedback I got on this series; I was expecting people to call me insane and fucked up, and I suppose I am, but the point of this story is that I wanted to show that love is EVERYWHERE you look, even in the most hopeless, daunting situations. So I hope you all could see that through these two stories. I really just wanted to tell a story of love, because deep down, I'm a huge hopeless romantic haha.

ANYWAY, thank you all so much, and please don't cry! Harry and Claire have a wonderful ending, don't they? I have tons of stories ya'll can look at, and there are so many amazing stories out there, too. I just hope you don't forget about this one c: Haha kidding!

But seriously, like I said, thank you all so much for sticking with me, writing is my passion, and idk why I'm getting emotional while writing this lmao. Anyway, if you decided to read any of my other works, I'll be seeing you soon! (: xx

:)SmilinForYa(:

___________________________

Another reminder,

this is not my work.

I take no credit for any of it, all goes to SmilinForYa on this and also www.onedirectionfanfiction.com