Harry's Pride

School was to start the next day on September 1st. Which meant Hermione and Ron would be arriving late that night. Harry insisted he be present for the first day dinner despite McGonigal telling him over and over that the sheer scents of all the student could overwhelm his senses. Harry didn't care much to her distress pointing out that if she didn't approved he'd find another, less safe way to spend time with his two best friends that night. While she could have made sure that wouldn't happen she decided to let him attend while the other submissive's learnt the slow way how to suppress their senses. He'd have to learn the hard way.

So when the dinner drew near Eames and Harry left the sanctuary and headed to the great hall. His sharp eyes instantly picked Ron's bright hair and Hermione's bushy locks and he hurried towards them. "Harry!" Hermione said sweeping him into a hug. "Harry it's so good to see you again. You've gotten smaller just like you said."

"Bloody hell mate, that must have been rough." Ron said giving his friend a pat on the back. "How's life as a creature?"

"It's actually pretty cool. I have an apartment in the school. With two guest rooms now too, I had another installed. All us sub creatures live in the sanctuary, there's a field which we preen on, well those who can, although sometimes those who can't preen with those who can... Anyway, it's been a really relaxing couple of weeks. You'll never guess what, I've made friends with a few Slytherins." Harry smiled with ease as his friends gaped.

"Who?" Hermione asked.

"Daphne Greengrass, Blaise Zabini, Theodor Nott, who isn't a sub but I'll get to that later. And, hold onto your robes, Draco Malfoy."

"Draco bloody Malfoy?!" Ron gasped.

"He's not so bad when he isn't acting like a prat." Harry laughed. "Oh! And Headwig had chicks!"

Harry went over almost everything that happened since his inheritance, Hermione told them about her trip to Australia and Ron retold stories about the Burrow and Fred and George's pranks. Eames smiled as he realised these two were the ones missing from Harry's friend circle. Eventually the scents and sound gave Harry a headache and he had to excuse himself, but not before he gave them directions to the sanctuary. "Oh, but don't come in without Tippy. She'll come when you call." After Harry and Eames left Ron and Hermione exchanged glances.

"Who's Tippy again?" Ron asked.

"The house elf." Hermione replied.

"Oh. Blimey Harry's changed. And yet he's the same old Harry. I can't wrap my head around it."

"He's happy. I've never seen him this happy. It's like he's found his place."

"Think there's room in that place for us?"

"Of course there is, we're his best friends. You heard Eames, we were already part of his friends circle before we got here."

"Good, cause I'm not giving Harry up to those Slytherins without a fight."

"Oh, Ron, I think the whole living in the sanctuary has faded the hold of house on them."

"What the hell does that mean?"

"It means they don't see each other as Slytherin, Gryffindor, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff. They're just Submissive's sharing a sanctuary and forming a friend circle."

"But... Draco? Really?"

"Maybe something happened between them."
---

McGonigal was rather surprised to find Ron and Hermione at the Gryffindor tower. "I thought you'd be with Mr Potter."

"We're allowed?" Ron asked.

"Yes. In fact your luggage was sent to his guest rooms. Shall I escort you there?"