Courting Intentions

The Beauxbatons Academy of Magic swept in with airs and grace, there were many Veela amongst them, dominant and sub, Harry absently moved closer to Luna. Durmstrang Institute was loud and proud as they marched in to the great hall, filled with an array of different inheritances. Once all were settled it was time to reveal who was to be part of the tournament.

"For Beauxbatons Academy of Magic we have Fleur Delacour-" Dumbledore paused as a second piece of paper was spat out and he looked up surprised. "And Leveret Monroe." A hushed whisper coursed through the crowd as the two students walked up confused. "Durmstrang Institute champion is Viktor Krum... And Jessie Finch." Two more confused students joined the ranks. "And for Hogwarts. Cedric Diggory. And Harry Potter?" Harry's blood ran cold.

"What?" He asked. "That can't be."

"Your name came out of the cup." Dumbledore said. "Did you put your name on it?"

"Of course not, I've been in the sanctuary all week, you can ask my pr- my friends." Harry exclaimed, refraining from saying pride lest Ron start chanting again. "Can't you put it back? Redraw?"

"I'm afraid not, once the name has been drawn there is no turning back. This is strange, the triwizard cup is only supposed to have three Wizards not six and certainly not a young boy. How old are you?" The Headmistress of Beauxbatons, Olympe Maxime said looking down upon him. She sure was tall.

"Fourteen, surely there must be something you can do. I have no intention of doing this." Harry huffed getting rather annoyed.

"I must agree with Madame Maxime. You are legally required to participate." Replied Igor Karkarof the headmaster of Durmstrang.

"Legally my tail, what if I lock myself in my room." Harry offered.

"The tournament will not proceed unless all champions are present. This is how it is." Maxime said. Harry stamped his foot.

"How it is sucks. I didn't put my stupid name in the stupid cup, how the bloody hell did it get in there! And isn't the stupid cup able to tell who's who!"

"Calm down Harry, we'll figure something out." Dumbledore said but there was no calming Harry. The boy's eyes became slits as he hissed angrily and stormed out of the room. Luna jumped up and ran after him followed by the rest of the Hogwarts subs and Ron and Hermione. "My, he's never acted like that before." Dumbledore said a little put off by the fact the boy had hissed at him.

"I over heard the boys discussing the tournament the other day." McGonigal said walking over. "Harry was quite clear that he had no interest in it."

"We'll have to deal with it tomorrow when the boy's temper has settled." Igor mumbled. "I assume accommodation for the subs is under control."

"Yes of course. Right this way."
---

From his perch in the oak tree, Harry saw McGonigal lead the subs to the meeting room that had temporarily been filled with many beds to accommodate the visiting subs. Harry noticed the Veela and Beauxbaton champion Fluer was not amongst them meaning she was mated or a dominant. Harry's mind traveled back to Luna who was humming lightly to calm him down. He felt an odd tug towards her, something he suspected wasn't normal amongst subs. She didn't seem to mind but Harry was worried he'd end up pushing her away with his possessiveness. So when McGonigall walked away he chased after her.

"I can't change anything about the tournament Harry." She said.

"That's not what I'm here for. I wanted to ask something inherited related." He said. She stopped her powerful stride and turned her full attention to him.

"Yes?" She asked.

"Am... I know I'm not a Dominant... But am I really a sub?" He asked.

"What makes you ask this?" McGonigal asked a knowing twinkle in her eyes.