Yule Ball

Cedric found Harry first, calling Luna over to the boy... Well at that point cat, curled up in a hollow tree. "Harry, love?" She called gently. His ears flickered in her direction. "Come out. You get Weasle Dots if you stay there." He didn't respond. She frowned and looked up at Cedric for help. The older boy thought for a moment.

"Gee, how rude, ignoring your intended like that. And I thought you had something to give her, you were so proud of it." Harry twitched and Cedric smirked. "Well, if you're just going to mope in there the maybe Luna and I will go out for dinner." Harry growled and slid out of the tree glaring at Cedric who raised his hands in surrender. "I was only joking, Spots." Harry became human and looked at his feet.

"I've had enough of this Triwizard nonsense." He mumbled.

"As have I, but there's only one more test and then it's over." Cedric said. Harry nodded and then Luna pushed him into Cedric and hugged them both.

"Isn't this nice? I can practically hear the Twosies giggling with delight." She sighed. Harry chuckled and kissed her forehead.

"It's probably going to take a year of therapy to get over all this." He mused.

"Or 12 preening sessions." Luna laughed. Cedric gave a confused grin and the three returned to Eames who was relieved to find Harry safe, sound and calm.
---

Chapter Two
Grounding.

A wind cat's mate ensures that the cat while not an avidly social creature, isn't lonely by providing a being of whom the cat can trust completely and wholly. But there is another reason to finding mates and this reason is linked to the Dual's need to find more than one mate. Grounding. No not the muggle term for punishment. Grounding it's the stabilising of the Wind Cats's, and any other beings, magic. Particularly powerful beings will seek out powerful mates and Dual's will more often than not require two mates to stabilise. Other wise their magic will be too powerful or non responsive in the most inconvenient of times. It will also boost their control and stamina when using wand less magic.

While it sounds like the Wind Cat's only choose mates for their usefulness they are highly emotional creatures and will only chase an intended they have feelings for.
---

The third challenge had been postponed for the Yule Ball a Triwizard tradition held in Christmas. Harry of course was attending with Luna, he heard from Draco that Hermione was angry with Ron and was going to the ball with Viktor. Ron had one upped her and asked Daphne to go with him. She accepted oddly enough. Shamus managed to convince Pansy Parkinson to go with him, Colin was going with a girl from his year, Blaise had wooed a girl from the Beauxbaton's and Draco was going with Hannah as friends. The mix match of house was certainly causing a stir amongst the other students. Draco Malfoy, a pure blooded wizard in Slytherin was going to the ball with muggle born Hannah Abbott from Hufflepuff. Harry decided to give Luna his second gift before the Ball since he didn't get to before the second challenge. He managed to pry her away from the girls who were busy preparing and he handed her a locket. She marvelled at it, it was made the same way as the ring and it also had a moon stone on it. Neither of them noticed Pansy, Hermione, Daphne, Hannah, Lisa (the Beauxbaton girl) or Belinda (Colin's date), watching from afar. Luna opened it and a melody began to play as she gazed as a picture of her on the left and a picture of him on the right, they weren't moving, it was a muggle picture, she was always fascinated by them. The melody picked up into words.

Moon Child shine down brightly
Cast your glow upon the willow tree
No one else could ever see
The weight your silver eyes have on me