003

Even though I had no answers, I felt alright having the diary in my possession. I don't know why. I had never been interested in him, but for some reason, I was starting to get interested in him. I sigh and walk back to my bed to close off the world around me and find out what Fernando Torres has been doing with his days.

December 27th, 2009

Dearest reader 

I haven't written in this notebook for a while. Christmas has just passed and I spent it all by myself without my family near. All alone. I changed my name and dyed my air. I go through life as a man named Roberto. It's easier being closed off from my life and from the paparazzi. I just don't know. I'm in Ukraine right now, and you know, there's this girl in the hotel. She's gorgeous. Blonde and she has those cute little freckles on her face. She's beautiful, but mostly out of my league. Her name's Vienna, she's from Greece apparently. Which is kind of weird, considering she's blonde and she's named after the capital of Austria. I tried to speak to her a few days ago, but she doesn't give me an opportunity to explain myself. She's probably not interested. I've been on the news in Ukraine last weekend, and since I don't want to risk being recognized, I'll travel to Italy, the country of love. Or is that France?

December 28th, 2009

Dearest reader,

I tried to speak to Vienna once again, and this time she actually spoke back to me. She's 19 years old, and she studies in Ukraine, because she has some family here. She works in the hotel to earn a little money.  Vienna seems nice, at least that's what I think. She might be pretending. She doesn't have a boyfriend at the moment, I found out. I would have invited her to go out to dinner, but she already did that before I had the chance.

January 2nd, 2010

Dearest reader, 

I have had the most amazing few days. Vienna and I spent the time together and she said she would never leave me, however she has had a few drinks too much, so I don't really believe her. Though she shouldn't believe me. She thinks I'm Roberto. I'm like a fairy tale to her. But she doesn't know. And I would prefer her not to know. She's going back to Greece in a few weeks to visit her family. I'd like to go with her, but she doesn't want me to. Of course she doesn't want that. I mean, we've met a week ago or so, and she hasn't started talking to me since 5 days. Perhaps she doesn't trust me. Should I follow her to Greece and surprise her?

"Oh, Fernando, why?" I mutter, "Why would you even bother, I mean it won't work anyways." I mutter something else. Only now I notice that there are people with me in the room: Rose and Cristiano. I jump up. It's quite a surprise, I didn't see that coming.

"Oh my, I haven't seen you in so long, not that I know you that well, but hey," I say and I give her a hug. I shake Cristiano's hand, because I have only seen him once in the far distance.

"Hello, the name's Alexandra Roos," I say, "Have you already seen your room, because otherwise I'd be happy to show you around."

"We've seen it. Thank you, who's Fernando?" Rose asks. I blush. 

"The main character in the book I'm reading. It's some Latin American story, I got it gifted to me by one of the guests," I answer her. "Are you going downstairs with me or...?"

"Of course, however Cris has to leave soon," Rose says and kisses him. I understand. We walk downstairs quietly. "Would you like something to driink perhaps."

"Sure thing," Rose answers and I pour in three big glasses of cola, because of the warm weather.  Rose and Cristiano move to the living room and take a seat on the couch. I struggle to take the three glasses with me and put them on the table. I look at the couple. 

"Have I shown you my engagement ring yet?" Rose asks and I am so confused. Since when did they get engaged?  "Oh dear, congratulations! I'm so happy for you two! Have you set a wedding date yet?" I ask them as I gaze at Rose's ring.

I feel like now is the time to ask Cristiano about Fernando. I'm not really sure whether he woulud even know anything, because well, he's Portugese and Fernando is Spanish. But I gather all my courage together to ask. "Cris, do you happen to know anything about Fernando Torres?" He looks at me quite seriously, like I shouldn't have asked it. 

"He's been gone for months, why would you want to know something about him now?" he asks me. I'm not sure what I should answer.

"I don't know. I'm just interested."

 "He's been in his own world, let's just say that. He had..."he stops talking because his phone is ringing. When he sees who's calling, he immediately picks up. "Yeah I'm on my way." He stuffs his phone in his pocket and looks at us. "I'm sorry ladies, I've got to go." Still no answers.

It's late. Rose is up in her room and a few hours ago, we've eaten dinner. I lie awake in my bed, staring at a painting of a person. I turn around and take Fernando's diary and open it on the right page.

January 3rd, 2010

Dearest reader, 

Vienna is going to leave tomorrow and I have decided to follow her. I want to surprise her. I'm going to Greece instead of Italy. Just for Vienna. For love I guess.

January 9th, 2010

Dearest reader,

I'm in Greece now, and I want to surprise her with a dinner. I'm sure that will work. I am on the way to her house now, I'm writing this as I'm traveling in a taxi. I'm well dressed and I hope it will all work out just fine.

January 10th, 2010

Dearest reader, 

Ironically, I've been told not to jump into a relationship so soon. Or to fall in love that hard. I should have expected this to happen. I can't even talk about what happened. It reminds me when David, my best friend was left alone. I really miss him. He's my best friend you know. We always used to talk, but now we don't talk. When I arrived at Vienna's place, I saw this other man inside her home and he kissed her. I thought it might have been her brother at first, but of course he wasn't, because things went down quite passionately. I should send David a letter.

January 18th, 2010

Dearest reader, 

I went back to Spain. There's a beard growing on my face, my hair is dark and I don't think someone would recognize me at the first glance. I should've known about Vienna and that guy. I actually shouldn't be too bothered anymore. I didn't even know her that well and she didn't know me at all.