016

Laughing at the jokes Sophie made, we walk back to the room. We place the mattrasses in the spare bedroom, so the girls can immediately go to to bed  when we come back here tonight after doing whatevre we plan to do for the afternoon. I help Fernando with the bed materials. He has very little, but enough for this amount of people, which surprises me, since he would only rent this apartment for a month or even less. We find pillows and blankets, and that's the main thing we'd need her. Fernando's place is kind of unpredictable. At some point, his clothing fell out of the closet, on top of my head. After about 10 minutes we found whatever we needed and I help the girls unpack their stuff and make their bed, while Fernando brews us some fresh coffee.

He puts the cups on the table in the living room. I was trying to find some cookies in the kitchen, because what is coffee without cookies. I found a few, and took them with me to the living room.

"Coffee," Fernando calls out. 

"And some cookies, that might also be expired, but who knows," I say laughing. We sit on the sofa, which is a little tight but it works out. Julia stares at us. 

"How long have you been together?" she asks and I look at Fernando. What should we say. It would be a bit odd if we'd said we'd only really known each other for 3 days, and besides that we only dated for... well, 2? 

"We've been together for like a few months, I think 5 or so," Fernando saves us.

"Awh, how adorable," Julia swoons. Nadia giggles. 

"Let's do something fun this afternoon," Sophie calls out, "I really want to see South Africa, now that I'm here."

"That's always a possibility," I tell her. In the back of my mind, the journal is still present. I still have to give it back, but I don't know how to tell him or anything. I try to think of something that will distract the girls enough so that I can tell Fernando. Maybe we should go shopping or something? I don't know. 

"Well, I mean, there's better places if you wish to see South Africa," Fernando says, like an expert, eventhough he has seen more of Spain than of South Africa. 

"Well, you could take me to one of the football matches of the Spanish team," Sophie giggles. 

"Oh dear, we can't burst into one of those, you need connections," I tell her. 

"You have those connections, take us with you," Nadia exclaims. I roll my eyes, I didn't even know whether they would be training today in the first place, besides that, I didn't want to bring my friends to a place like that. Also Fernando wouldn't really want to see the Spanish team, because they might recognize him.

"I'd have to ask Hailey," I say, "And she's have to ask David etcetera." I say this as if it is quite a troubling thing to do, even though it's not relaly. 

"We could also go shopping at the new mall in town," Fernando says suddenly. I know he doesn't wanna go to risk his identity. 

"Roberto, what a splendid idea," Nadia says, "I love to shop!"

I text Hailey anyways to make sure there really is no training today, and I could maybe bring my friends another day if they really wanted that, and if it was allowed. Which I doubted.  I get a message back that there is no trainig today, so we can totally go shopping today and maybe go another time.

"Let's go shopping, Hailey says there's no training today," I say as I sip my coffee. 

"Awesome, I wouldn't mind shopping just one bit," Sophie says as she drinks the last bit of the coffee and then soon after eats the last piece of the cookie, that surprisingly, wasn't expired. I get up to prepare for the journey to the mall, and the others seemingly followo my movements and take their coats and put on their shoes. 

"We could use my car, it might or might not fit," Fernando laughs. 

"That's alright," Sophie says, "We can squeeze. Do you have a toilet I might be able to use?" Fernando points to the door on his left. When everyone is done and everyone has been to the toilet, we squeeze in the car. I let Nadia sit in the front seat and I sit in the back, between two hyperactive girls We have to laugh at everything, even though most of it is not even funny. Fernando rolls his eyes at our stupid jokes, but he has a conversation with Nadia about where he is originally from. I hadn't been to that specific mall before, but Fernano tries to find a spot near the entrance. Thankfully that worked out and we get out of the car. I stretch my legs. We get in, not knowing exactly what is going to be waiting for us inside.