020

The Spanish team has to stay in their line-up, but I know for certain that they really want to run op to him, while Fernando stands in line and sings the final few sentences of the Spanish anthem. When the song has ended, the entire team runs towards him and start to hug him and talk to him. The Swiss team is very confused, yet they knew about the fact that Fernando was missing, so they understood. I'm not sure whether Fernando is even able to play right now, and even allowed to play, since he hasn't even trained for this, but we will see. He sits down on the bench at the side and the game has to start now. Fernando seems to be talking with a teammate and I try to focus on the match.

After the first half, the Spanish team is on the winning side with one goal from David Villa. In the second half, the coach surprisingly decided to put Torres in the game. I'm stoked and start yelling and cheering when he runs onto the field in his jersey. He starts attacking immediately, and misses the first goal. The second time he doesn't miss, and he scores. He runs towards Villa and hugs him as the other teammates hug the two. This is probably the best comeback Fernando could've ever imagined.

The game is done and I walk out of the stadium, following the millions, or at least that's how it seems, of other people. I am trying to find the place the journal told me to wait. And I found it. I stand there for a while, and I examine the people walking out. Some look sad, others look happy. And I"m happy, because Fernando is back. And I can finally call him Fernando around other people. I am sure he has plenty of things to explain to the media and I let him do that, if he wants to, and if not, then he won't. I'm standing here waiting until someone I know shows up. I see a young woman walking towards me.

"Are you Alexandra?" she asks and I nod at her. "I'm Manou."

"Come with me," She says and she pulls me with her to a long stairs down, so that we pass the dressing rooms of the players and then Fernando. I think this is Manou, however I am not sure at all. She leads me to the place I am supposed to be. I'm glad I don't have to walk alone though, because I would've gotten lost already by now. And there is Fernando. 

"Hey," I say and pull him into an embrace. "Wanted to get away from the press?" 

"Actually, the press and my team," he says and he hugs me back. 

"I happen to have your journal," I say him finally and hand him his journal back. 

"I actually know," he says and takes it from me. He finds the page I wrote something and glances over the text, but doesn't read it all too carefully, I think. "Do you have a pen?" He asks and I give him the pen I got from my back. He notes something down and then hands it back to me. I wanted to open it already to read what he had written, but he stops me.

"Do it at home, that will be more fun," he says and then kisses my forehead in order to leave me again, wondering what the journal says. I'm standing here with Manou and she grins at me. 

"That was surely a short visit," she says.

"Yeah," I mutter, "What did you think of the game?"

"Could've gone better," she shrugs, and walks back upstairs, "Coming?" I nod and walk behind her up the long stairs. I'll probably have enough movement done for today by just moving up and down these stairs alone. "Just between you and me, I'm pretty sure there will be a welcome home party for Fernando."

"Sounds good," I say when we finally read the top of the stairs. She looks at me. I'm surprised at her English, because she's actually Spanish, and she doesn't really have an accent at all. 

"Better keep next week free," she says and then she leaves me, "I'll see you later." I wave at her and then make my way back to the car, still wondering what the journal now says, but I can keep myself from peeking at it during the long traffic jams again.