4.

I woke up some time in the middle of the night, it still being pitch dark out. I unhooked Bellamys arm from me and pulled my boots on leaving the laces undone. I also grabbed Bells jacket and pulled it on on my way out of our tent.

The sound of Jaspers loud groaning mixed with the crackles of the fire. I walked near the fire and sat on a nearby log. I stared into the flames thinking about what could of happened if the guards never found Octavia and me in their house. Suddenly I heard a voice of what seemed like a young girl screaming.

"No!" she shouted again. I walked where the screams seemed to of came from. "No!" They shouted again. Soon I came to a large tree where a little girl had fallen asleep repeating, "No!" in her sleep.

Once I reached her I squated down, which took quite the effort, and shaked her awake. "Hey, wake up." She opened her eyes quickly tears falling from them. "Hey it's okay. It was just a dream." I reassured her. "You're Charlotte right? I'm Marley." I told her after she hadn't responded. "It's okay to be scared. Want to talk about it?" I asked sitting down on the ground.

"It's, my parents." She whispered after a monent of silence. "They were floated and I see it in my dreams. And I just-" She cried.

I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and pulled her into me. "Yeah I understand. My parents turned me into the guards and got me sent to the skybox." I paused for a moment thinking back to that day again. "So how did you get sent here?" I asked.

"Well, they were taking my things to the redistribution center, and I kind of lost it." She said laying her head on my chest. "They said I assaulted a guard."

I giggled a little thinking about how Bellamy was a guard, earning a weird look from Charlotte, "Can't say I blame you." I wiped her tears away saying, "You see that bright star up there?" I asked pointing at the brightest star in the sky. "That's the Ark orbiting above us. I think, whatever happened up there, you know the pain, maybe we can move past that now. I think that being on the ground, it is our second chance."

"You really believe that?" She asked quietly.

"No, I think it's just a star." I said sarcastically laughing. Charlotte smiled and laughed along with me. "I think we will be great friends, Charlie."

Later that night we both fell asleep Charlie in my arms.
• • • • • • • • • • •
In the morning I heard someone shuffling around me. I slowly opened on eye to see Bellamy. "Hello Mister." I whispered knowing Charlie was sleeping right next to me.

"Hey Missy. Is this where you slipped off to last night?" He asked smiling at the two of us.

"Yeah I heard her screaming in her sleep and came over and stayed with her." I told my boyfriend. "When dis you wake up?"

"About an hour ago. I found you over here after I didn't see you in our tent. Then I just let you sleep for a while." He explained.

"Oh okay." I smiled.

"Want to go on a walk?" He asked.

"Sure." I said de-tangling Charlies arms from around me.

Soon Bellamy, Murphy and a few others were gathered by a few trees throwing knives at one. In other words we were having a target practice. My knife was in the pocket of my jacket, rather Bellamys jacket.