17.

I had been awake for a while now, I woke to an empty bed due to Bellamy leaving to go look for our friends. After just lying in the almost uncomfortably soft bed for a while after waking, I slowly slid my feet over the edge of the bed and gently raised to stand, trying to avoid straining the stitches in my side.

Once I was fully up I glanced around the new bedroom, other than the large sized bed, there were two doors that each held clothes, one for me and the other for Bellamy. After looking through the clothes each of us were provided, I made my way through the hall. All of the walls were bare, and there were only a few pieces of furniture. At least we had some. On the other side of the hall there was a door that led to the bathroom of the house.

Entering the room, I glanced at myself in the mirror hanging above the sink for the first time since being on the ark. My brown hair fell in gentle waves, slightly knotted, dirt and scrapes scattered around my face, not bad enough to make me look like I had just fought someone in a pile of dirt though. My green eyes looked tired, but look of happiness to them. I used the toilet before stripping of my clothes and getting in the shower to rinse all of the filth off of my body from my time on the ground. The cold water was refreshing after the baths in warm ponds we had been taking recently.

After drying off and putting on new underwear, one of Bellamy's dark green shirts and some black leggings, I continued my search through the new apartment. The next room I came to was on the same wall as our room but across from the living room. I opened the door and was meet with a completely empty room, I assume this is the baby's room.

The living room held a dark grey couch with a television across from it that sat on a dark wooded chest. In front of the couch there was a coffee table that held the remote on top, not much to it. But again, probably way better than what other couples are receiving in their tents outside. Bellamy must have pulled quite the strings to get us a room like this.

The last room was the kitchen, also on the same wall as both bedrooms, but closer to the door to the ark hallway. I leaned against the door frame as I looked the room over. Just a simple fridge, stove, oven, microwave and dishwasher. The dark brown cupboards contrasted the light marble countertops. The only other thing in the room was a metal table with four chairs surrounding it.

After my full examination of the house, I made my way to the couch and laid across it. The metal walls throughout the house made the rooms feel colder. Lucky for me, there just happened to be a blanket laid on the back of the couch. I threw it over my legs and laid against the arm rest on the side of the couch. 

I rested my hands on my growing bump and felt the baby kick in response to my touch. A light laugh slipped from my lips at the sudden response.

"Guess you're awake, huh?" I laughed, gently rubbing my stomach. "So, it's just you and me, lovie. Daddy went on a rescue mission to try and find our friends. I miss him, and I know you miss him too. It's alright though, he'll be back in no time, and Abby is going to come and keep us company at some point. I hope you're comfortable in there, sweetheart. Mommy and Daddy aren't ready for you quite yet. We've had a few scares recently and I hope you're okay in there. Maybe when daddy comes back he'll bring us some blueberries that you've been wanting. I love you, buddy."

I finished talking to the baby right as someone knocked on the door, hopefully Abby with that food.

"Come in!" I yelled in response.

The door opened a crack and Abby peeked in, when she saw I was just sitting on the couch she opened the door the rest of the way and made her way over to the couch after closing the door.

"Hey, Marley! How are you feeling?" She asked as she sat the tray down on the coffee table and sat at the other side of the couch.

"I'm okay, the stitches don't hurt too badly, and I took a shower as you can probably tell. I tried to avoid getting them wet if I could though." I explained as I eyed the tray of food she had brought.