[04.] the dangerous encounter

Hermione woke up the next morning feeling worse than before. Her head was aching and her bruised sides were throbbing. She groaned in pain as she sat up in her bed, placing a hand over her head. "Ouch," She whispered and looked down as she lifted her shirt up, checking the bruise. "It shouldn't look like this ..." Just as she traced her cold fingers on her bruise, the door opened wide and Draco walked in.

"Hope you're feeling bett--Granger, what the hell are you doing?" Draco asked as he raised an eyebrow.

Hermione gasped and fixed her shirt, quickly covering her stomach. "Don't you knock?"

"Don't need to," He said as he closed the door behind him. "How are you feeling?" He asked, walking over. "Seeing from the bruise, I think you overworked yourself yesterday. Granger, are you sure you're a Healer?"

The irate brunette rolled her eyes as she pushed the covers off of herself, getting off the bed slowly. She felt a sharp pain and winced as she tried to conceal the pain. "What do you want?"

"Let's go out," Draco said.

"What?"

"Well, don't you want to grab some things from your place and bring them here? You'll be here for as long as it takes to capture Abaddon." He reasoned.

"I suppose taking a trip back home would be ... nice." Hermione said as she looked down at her attire. "And a nice shower would be great," She mumbled under her breath. "Okay, when do we go?"

"We'll leave after we have some breakfast." He said, walking back towards the door.

"No, let's just leave now."

"Granger, we need to have breakfast before we leave." Draco said, turning around.

"No, we don't. Why waste time if we can just go no--"

"Frankly, I don't want to skip the most important meal of the day. We have a long day ahead of us,"

"Doing what? Just standing around all day, maybe watching a movie or playing cards?" Hermione exclaimed, raising her arms in the air but immediately regretting it as she winced once more.

"No, we're going to go to the library to research." Draco said and sighed, leaning against the doorway. "But if you'd rather, what was it you said, watch a - a what? A movie or play cards?"

Hermione groaned as she rolled her eyes. "O, okay, we'll have breakfast." She said with a defeated sigh.

"Perfect. Granger, I don't know why you insist on fighting with me. It's futile and just a waste of your energy." He said as he opened the door, waiting for Hermione to leave the room.

"And why is that?" Hermione asked, walking over to the door.

"Because," He said, standing just a few inches away from her. "I'll always win," He said with a wink. "Come on," He cut in front of her and walked down the stairs.

Hermione scoffed as she closed the door behind her. "Unbelievable ..." She whispered under her breath. She walked down the stairs and turned right into the kitchen. She cocked up an eyebrow at the sight of a single banana on a plate and a glass of orange juice.

"Sit,"

"This is your idea of a big meal?" Hermione asked as she walked over, grabbing the piece of banana off the plate. "A banana,"

"And juice," Draco said as if it was something prominent.

"Are you serious?"

"Granger, I live alone and I'm almost never home. I practically live in the office tracking down bad guys. I don't have time to learn how to cook and--"