[19. The Unraveling Answers]

Ginny Weasley let out a frustrated groan as she stared at the list of suspects from the day of the incident. She had gone over every single name and interrogated every single person but she still couldn't pinpoint who the perpetrator was. Well, there was one person she hadn't met up with yet. She walked out of the office the healers had graciously offered her and walked out to the front desk. She leaned against the table and whistled, gaining the attention of a nurse named Amy.

"Yes, Mrs. Potter?" Amy asked with wide eyes.

"Amy, I told you to just call me Ginny." The redhead said as she tapped her fingers on the table.

"Right, sorry, I keep forgetting because you're the famous wife of Harry Pot-" Amy stopped and cut her rambling short. She cleared her throat and smiled sheepishly. "Let me start over. Uh, Ginny, how can I help?"

"Is Doctor Wedell here today?" She asked the nurse, lowering her voice.

"Doctor Wedell? Yes, she's in today. Why do you ask?"

"Tell me where her office is,"

"I think she's in the operating room right now. Doctor Moore had a patient wit--"

"Isn't it strange that Doctor Wedell hasn't been in the office ever since my friends got released? And every time she's here, she just so happens to be busy." She said, mostly thinking out loud. "So, Amy, tell me where her office is, please." Ginny demanded sternly.

+ + +

Hermione gazed out the window as the rain pelted down on the earth mercilessly. The storm came so suddenly and so out of the blue, they were forced to cut their talk short. Just as Draco was about to speak, thunder rumbled and rain fell down to hit their skin. And so, their conversation wound up lost in the air because next thing Hermione knew, they were back at the safe house.

Despite having been drenched from the rain, Hermione wanted to continue the conversation but Draco had quietly left to wash up. She had no choice but to follow suit and do the same. Now, they were both in the study room on opposite ends of the room. They really needed to stop meeting in the study room.

Hermione held her breath and turned away from the window, staring at the ground. "Uh, Draco--"

"You want a glass?" Draco cut in, holding up a bottle of firewhiskey.

The confused witch began to shake her head but when her eyes landed on the alcohol, she resigned and nodded. "Sure," she replied, knowing she really needed a drink if she wanted to continue this talk.

He poured two glasses of firewhiskey and set them down on the table in front of the fireplace. He sat down on the edge of an armchair with a glass in his hand. Hermione walked over silently and grabbed her glass, standing a few feet away from him with her eyes on the fire. The air was filled with the sounds of the crackling fire, howling wind, and soft rain kissing the window in a steady rhythmic beat.

Hermione gripped onto the glass so tight her fingers turned white. She chugged the drink in one gulp and leaned against the armchair, staring at Draco. "So what's the full story?"

Draco was just about to take another sip of the substance but he stopped midway, glancing sideways before taking a slow sip. He held the glass lazily in his hand as he sighed deeply, rubbing the back of his neck. "Uh, it's a long story."

"We have all night,"

"It's going to sound ridiculous,"

"Amuse me,"

"You won't believe me, Granger."

"I will." Hermione held her strong gaze on him. "I trust you."