[13. The Recovery]

Hermione instantly got up and wielded her wand at the sound of footsteps behind her. She sighed when she saw it was Ginny and put her wand down. "It's just you,"

Ginny carefully walked over to Hermione and drew out a long breath. "I'm sorry for surprising you, sweetie."

Hermione shook her head as watched Draco sleeping peacefully. "What is it?"

"I just wanted to check up on you," the worried redhead said, placing her hand on her friend's shoulder. "You've been up the whole night."

"I'm not tired."

"Hermione, you did as much as you could. You saved him, you did your job." Ginny said quietly. "You should get some rest--"

"I'm fine," Hermione cut in, leaning away from her friend's hand.

"Hermione," Ginny pulled her hand back in shock as she licked her lips. "You're overworking yourself." She warned with stern eyes. "You need to get some rest, you've dealt with so much the past day--"

"I need to stay here." Hermione said, turning to look at her friend. "Ginny, who knows what else is going to happen to him?" She asked, shaking her head. "No, he needs someone to be with him."

"I can look after him, Hermione. Harry, too."

"No, this is my responsibility." The brightest witch of her age stubbornly stated, crossing her arms across her chest.

"Why is it just yours? He's on our team, he's our friend, too. We have just as much as responsibility to make sure he's safe--"

"He's my responsibility." She snapped followed by a frustrated sigh. "He's saved me several times, let me save him, too." Hermione pleaded as her eyes softened. "Please, this is the only thing I can do for him and he's done so much for me already."

Ginny furrowed her eyes as she nodded slowly. "Do you have feelings for him?" She asked.

Hermione glanced at her friend and then back at Draco. "Why do you ask?"

"Do you?" Ginny pressed gently.

The flustered brunette breathed in slowly and shook her head. "I, I ..." She exhaled softly and slumped her shoulders a bit. "I don't know." She whispered out.

"I'm going to tell you something right now and you might not like it." Ginny stated, turning to face her friend directly.

"I don't want to hear it." Hermione tried to wave her friend away.

"Then listen to me not as a friend but as Draco's team member," the fiery ginger stood her ground as she stared at her friend intently. "Whatever feelings you may think you have, get rid of it." She ordered.

"Excuse me?" Hermione's eyes flickered over to Ginny as she raised her eyebrows.

"If you want to help him, then the best thing you can do is get rid of those feelings. He's an auror, he can't afford to have feelings for someone at such a dangerous time, especially feelings for a ... a client."

Hermione leaned back as she scoffed at Ginny's harsh words. "Client?"

"If he reciprocates those feelings for you, then Abaddon will know Draco's weakness - you. He's the only one without a weakness, Hermione and that's his advantage over Abaddon. Harry and I are each other's weaknesses and you're Ron's. But if you become Draco's weakness, too ..."

"What are you saying?"

"If Draco falls in love with you, then he'll die trying to save you. You and I both know that, right? But if that happens, Abaddon will have more of a reason to get rid of you." Ginny explained. "So if you want to save him, get rid of those feelings for him. End it before it starts because you two will only be entering dangerous territory with those feelings."