Pay Back

I walked over to Harry, while Hermione trailed close behind. He didn't respond when I stood there in front of him, so I figured it would be a long night and I layed on the floor. Hermione sat next to me, then started to pull at my hair.

"Nothing," Harry said firmly.

I rolled my eyes. "You don't have to play 'big brother' on me, Harry; I know something happened."

Harry glared at me. "I'm not playing 'big brother', I am the big brother. And how can anything be wrong? It's our first full day at Hogwarts."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "You're older by two minutes, so shut it, and you always get in trouble quickly-"

"You got a detention two seconds after we even entered the school-" he interupted, and he had a point, but I didn't want to listen.

"I said shut it, Harry," I told him. "What was in that bloody newspaper?"

Harry grimaced and looked away from me. "Nothing, Nixie."

I sucked my teeth and turned to Ron, who was shifting uncomfortably in his armchair. "What was in the newspaper, Ron?"

"Erm. . ." he glanced at Harry, who shook his head. "Nothing Nixie."

"You're a terrible liar."

"Just leave us alone, Nixie." Harry said, clearly annoyed.

"I'll figure it out, Harry," I said to him. "Trust me, I will. Come on, Hermione." I said, getting up. I felt my hair and smiled. Hermione had made a long, thick braid.

"Where are we going now?" Hermione asked kindly. She stroked my braid, putting the loose strands of hair back into place.

"The dorm," I said. "We have classes tommorow."

Hermione clapped her hands and skipped up the stairs to our dormitory. I followed her up with much less enthusiasm, I was way too worried for Harry. He always told me everything and now he was sharing secrets with Ron, completely ignoring me.

 *~*

I woke up earlier then everyone else the next morning, so I decided to get ready. I took a cold shower and realeased my hair from the braid Hermione did the other night. When it came out it was wavy and I didn't even need to comb it through because it was already silky and smooth. I then changed into my robes and left my hair down, my bangs pushed to the side.

"Hermione, wake up." I pushed the lump in the bed that I assumed was Hermione. "Wake up, Hermione!" she continued to sleep. I pushed her fully off the bed and she landed with a heavy THUD!

"Ow." she said groggily. "What was that for?"

"For the start of a new day," I said cheerfully. "Now get your tushie up so we can have some breakfast."

She grumbled a load of insults while she trudged to the bathroom. I looked over at Lavender and Padma to see that they were still sleeping soundlessly.

Well, I thought, I wouldn't want them to miss breakfeast, would I?

I threw open the bathroom door and was glad Hermione had the curtains closed. 

"Who is that?" Hermione called over the sound of the shower. She peaked through the curtains and shreiked, covering her face up again. "What are you doing in here?"

"I have to wake up the suger queen," I said, then I grabbed the empty trashbin that sat next to the sink.

"What are you doing?" Hermione said, peaking through the curtains again.