Part Three(Easy Exam)

Previously on A Day to Remember: Happy Birthday, Lewis.

On the morning of her birthday, Lewis felt, for the first time, that her family wasn’t complete at all. Without her dad, she thought she wasn’t able to be happy on her birthday. On her way to school, she made a very inaudible wish which she never expected to come true. She wished for her dad and Jean granted it. Now she has three more wishes left. What will she be asking for? What will be the changes she might witness after wishing for her dad’s presence?

XXX

CHAPTER THREE

ADTR: HBD Lewis!

“Daddy.”

For the first time, I believed what Jean had given me.

Daddy is here with me. He’s taking me to school. I can’t believe this. Is this really happening?

Whatever happened or how unbelievable this seemed, still, I’m happy he’s here.

I have a feeling this is going to be the best birthday ever.

Thank you so much, Jean.

“We’re here!” Daddy exclaimed.

I went out of the car. The school seemed to be normal.

Dad gave me a hug.

“Happy birthday, Lew.”

“Thanks, dad.” I let go. “Thank you so much for being here and everything. I love you.”

He smiled.

“I’ll always be here for you, pumpkin. Enjoy your day.”

With that, he turned on the engine and drove off.

I jumped in joy.

“He’s really here!”

“Of course, he’s your dad.” Someone said from behind. I turned.

“Keenan?”

He rolled his eyes.

“You were a terrible best friend. You let me take the bus alone!”

I chuckled.

“Of course, not! Besides, I thought you were taking me to school, yourself.” I remembered what our plans were. He should be the one helping me to make this day the best 16th birthday ever.

“I said that?” He asked confused.

I frowned.

“Yeah, last night. When you were in my room.” I explained.

“I was in your room?” He frowned more.

I pushed him gently. 

“Shut up! Stop playing with me. Here.” I handed him my phone.

“You texted me last night before you came in my room.”

He read the text.

“Uh, advance happy birthday, Lew. You’re dad doesn’t want me to go there tonight. See you tomorrow.” He stopped. “Yeah, that’s my text.”

I grabbed my phone back.

“Wait, that wasn’t the content!” I read the text but I saw how the words change and fade into what he read.

“Nevermind.” Then we started walking down the hall to school.

I’m pretty sure he was in my room last night. Of course, mom didn’t know. What? We were just playing with my tablet then watch horror movies. I know what you guys are thinking! Stop that.