Chapter Six

Uneasiness swamped Icepaw as he remembered how shocked he felt when he first found out about his siblings and realized the disbelief Frostpaw and Frozenpaw must have been going through. "Well... you see there was this battle when LeafClan fought this group of rogues-"

      "The Northern Junkyard Cats." Snowpaw cut him off. "That's what a cat named Smoke said when I pinned him down. Their leader is a pale ginger she-cat named Fang."

      "Right," the copper-eyed tom snapped, "and ThornClan came to LeafClan's aid and helped defeat them. Afterwards, Snowpaw and I met and recognized each other. We talked for a bit before realizing that we were both rogue kits taken in by the Clans after our parents died."

      Frostpaw's sky blue eyes widened, and Icepaw figured she was recalling about how the same thing happened to her. "I asked the elders who told me that I was found on the border between the four Clans with three other white kits. They said that the dawn patrols argued over who got to take us in until someone suggested that each Clan take one kit." Snowpaw piped up.

      "So you're telling me," Frozenpaw inquired slowly, "That what I thought about being an only kit my whole life was a complete lie?"

      Icepaw nodded. "And there's one more thing. I heard my medicine cat receive a prophecy-"

      "Blood must flood the Clans during the tragedy of war to stop inevitable destruction." Frostpaw interrupted.

      "You know about it?" He asked in disbelief.

      Frostpaw shrugged, as if trying to play it off. "I had a dream last night. First everything was peaceful, but then the forest erupted into many cats fighting each other viciously. Everywhere I ran, there was just more bloodshed and I couldn't escape. A voice whispered the prophecy in my ear before there was a crash of thunder and every cat fell dead. Then I woke up."

      Frozenpaw had a troubled expression in his golden eyes. Snowpaw seemed to notice. "Is everything alright?"

      "It's just... why did everyone have at least some warning about this except me?" He turned to Icepaw, who was very confused. "You and Snowpaw figured out that we were related, and Frostpaw got a prophecy from StarClan. Where do I come into this?"

      "That is for me to tell you." A different, much deeper voice sounded from the edge of the clearing where they discussed. All four apprentices spun around in surprise to see an adult black-and-white tom with one blue eye and one green eye. His look had something oddly familiar about it, but Icepaw just couldn't place it.

      "Who are you?" He demanded, prickly nature returning. "Why are we here?"

      The tom purred. "Calm down, Ice. I'll explain everything."

      Frustration began to boil inside of Icepaw. "My name is Icepaw. And you better start talking before I-"

      Frostpaw rolled her eyes. "Would you stop snapping and let him say something!"

      The ThornClan tom reluctantly shut his mouth and waved his tail for the mysterious cat to begin. "My name is Storm. I died a little less than ten moons ago because of wounds that were inflicted on my mate and I as we tried to escape the Northern Junkyard Cats with our four white kits."

      Snowpaw's vivid green eyes were the first to widen when Storm said this. "T-the elders said that my parents who had just died when I was found as a kit smelled like the Northern Junkyard Cats that attacked us!"

      "And we're littermates and all have white pelts, meaning..." Icepaw trailed off as realization hit him hard.

      "Yes, I am your father." Storm answered, a glimmer of pride in his mismatched eyes. "And Ivy is your mother. She wanted to come, but StarClan would only let one of us enter their territory to walk in your dreams."

      "What... what happened?" Frozenpaw asked shakily.

      The bicolor tom looked down upon his son who was quivering slightly. "Your mother was raised in the Northern Junkyard Cats by two cats that were never around very much, and failed to give her the love and respect she needed. I was a loner brought up by a single she-cat who posed as my foster parent. When I was old enough to go off on my own, I stumbled into the rogues' territory and met Ivy, where we fell in love. 

      "When Ivy started expecting, Fang, the leader, demanded we raise our unborn kits to become fighters for her army. But Ivy wanted differently and insisted we run away. I agreed, and the plan was set. 

      "On the night we organized our escape, everything went as planned until she started kitting and our pursuers caught up. We were forced to be escorted back so Ivy could deliver you four safely. About a quarter moon later, we attempted to leave again, but were caught in a snowstorm that gave Fang and her followers the opportunity to attack. We narrowly got out with our lives and kits, before we collapsed by a boulder and died from blood loss."

      Icepaw was dumbstruck by the final, real truth. The fact that the rogue group that attacked LeafClan also killed his parents shocked him even more as his mind raced with unanswered questions.

      Snowpaw was the first to snap from the trance of silence. "S-so that means... that the Northern Junkyard Cats want to steal Clan kits in revenge for the ones they lost!"

      "Which was us..." Frozenpaw trailed off, glancing hesitantly at his father.

      "Yes is was," the mismatched-eyed tom responded slowly, "and there is a prophecy to make it right."

------

      A/N: So sorry for not updating for so long DX. I really need to get a schedule for this. Maybe every Tuesday? I'll see what I can do. Thank you so much to everyone who is being so supportive! It means so much to me and I'll try to make more of an effort to reply to your wonderful comments. Also, a heads-up that I'll be coming out with another book sometime soon, so stay tuned!

      ~ Feather

      P.S. You also have my apologies for such a short chapter.