∆21∆

Cry now.

Last chapter.

Song: Before You Start Your Day by TØP

✖✖✖

"He's in here. He's gotta be," Wade panted once they reached it. A large holding chamber that looked impenetrable.

"How do we get in?" Tony asked.

"The question is: how do we know it's Steve?" Clint asked logically.

"Oh, wait. Look," Peter said pointing to the dimmed, transparent screen that was on the side of the chamber. "It looks like video feed."

Tony's heart sped up as he rushed to his son's side to check the footage. To check and see if his lover was really being held captive inside. He held his breath as he pressed the pad of his thumb to the play button.

"Struggling won't get you out. You're soul is stuck here for eternity," a voice taunted, not showing himself to the camera.

Tony gasped as he saw Steve's arms tied back to the wall in chains. Seeing him at least alive and moving alone made Tony's heart ache.

He wanted him back.

"What'd a man like you do to get stuck down here? Did you cheat on your wife?" The man snickered.

Steve's head lifted as he gritted his teeth at the man.

"I don't have a wife. I had a husband," the confidence in Steve's voice was clear even through the fuzzy video feed.

"Oooh, a husband?" The grin could practically be heard on his face. "Was he a twink? A little fairy? I've always favored those."

Steve's eyes burned with hate as he pulled harshly on his restraints.

"Don't talk about him like that," Steve spat. He could handle any homophobic insult thrown his way, but what he couldn't handle, was this man talking about Tony like he was a piece of meat.

"Turn it off," Tony said angrily now. "How old is this footage?"

"Film date reads as only hours ago," Peter worried, "Do you think he's still in this large, pressurized container?"

"Only one way to find out," Clint chimed in, drawing his bow and arrow.

Peter quickly found out that this arrow, too, was also specially made. The minute it hit the containment wall, it released some sort of red acid that quickly melted a huge whole in the wall.

"Who's there?" Came a deep voice from the other side.

Tony and Peter quickly rushed into the cell through the large gap Clint created. Steve's dead eyes seemed to brighten a bit when he saw the loves of his life. He stood up from his sitting position put the chains wouldn't let him move too far.

"I-Is this real?" The blonde man wondered.

Wade and Clint then entered the cell and Steve knew it was real. This was a rescue mission.

"I never thought I would see you again," Steve spoke quietly.

"Well, I'm right here, aren't I?" Tony smiled through the tears. "I am so sorry I let this happen to you, Steve. We're gonna get you out of this dump so we can go home."

"How?" Steve asked as Clint poured pure necrosis, the purple liquid used to kill the Soulless, onto the dark chains.

"That's a good question, Steve, because Bruce only made us enough potion for four people to return," Clint explained.