Chapter 1

(Your P.O.V)

       I suddenly jolted awake from the nightmare that just occurred. Breathing heavily, I took slow and steady breaths, trying to calm my racing heart.
       "Onii-Chan, are you okay?" my brother quietly asked. I looked over at him as he crawled over to me and away from our father. I smiled at him as he hugged me. Hugging him back, I replied "Yeah."
       "O-onii-chan, y-you don't look okay..." my brother looks at me with sympathetic eyes. I only now notice the tears that streak down my face.
       "Are you children okay?" I hear my dad's voice in the cave.
       "Onii-Chan is crying." my brother replies for me.
       "(Name), are you okay? Nightmares again?" he whispers the last part, making me nod my head.
       "Natsu, go outside and get some wood for a fire." dad orders. I see Natsu nod his head and stumble out of the cave.
       "Was the nightmare about your mom again?" he asks.
       "Yeah... The day she died... My 10th birthday..." you quietly replied, trying to keep your tears in. He nods his head understandably. Just then, Natsu comes running into the cave with some fire wood.
       "Want me to make a fire dad?" he asks. Dad simply nods before Natsu puts the fire wood down and does his signature, "Fire Dragon Roar," setting all the wood on fire. I look up at my dad's scaly face. He grins and I grin back.
       "Dad! Tell us a story!" I hear Natsu ask/command. I hear my dad laugh and look at me for approval. I lightly nod my head yes and he begins his story.

~***~

Sitting up from the cold, hard cave floor, I groan and stretch a bit to relax my muscles. I notice that dad is gone, but Natsu is left sleeping. I crawl over to where Natsu is and shake him awake.

       "Hey Natsu. Have you seen dad?" I ask him, thinking that he saw dad before he left.
       "Hmmm? Oh, no..." he slowly replies. "No... This can't be what I think it is..." I think to myself. Before mom died, I read tons of books about Dragon Slayers so I have some knowledge, but how do I tell Natsu that our dad... King of the Fire dragons... Is gone...

A/N ~ This is more of a filler chapter~