Chapter 2:

****review****

“Hey, yo! Dudes!” Jax says, pulling us from our greeting. We all quiet down and wait for him to begin talking.

A/N-hey guys! Thanks for reading my story! Happy ready! (;

“So we all have TDG in 5 days.” Jax began.

Me and Ty slapped, Zac and Kat yelled, “YEAHH!”

Jax stood up from his chair and started again, his loud voice echoing the dusty room. “The Deciding Games…” We all sat there silently, watching him begin circle our little table. “Where our gangs will be decided by the Thinkers. Most likely we will be separated, since we all have different skills. Who knows how they will test us in there… Luckily we were all born in the same month, so we will have each other. The oldies won’t tell us, nor our parents tell us how we will be tested. And we could ask anyone what goes on, right? Maybe they will tell us. But what if they lie? I have heard a lot of rumors about what happens. Are they true? We won’t know." Jax stops and holds his hands on the back of his chair.

"I’ve made a decision." He continued. "we won’t cheat our way by forcing the Thinkers to tell us. I know a lot of the others in our month will do that exact thing, but who is to say they won’t lie too?  Who is to say that they won’t lie straight to our face? Could we do anything but listen to them? No. Let’s just wait quietly for the 5 days, when we go to TDG we will play it how they want us to.” He finished.

There was a moment of silence as his words sunk in. Suddenly everyone jumped up and yelled at his calm, controlled face. From the sound of it, we were all thinking the same thing- TDG will decide our lives! We want any advantage we can get. “Dudes!” Jax yelled, raising his hand and lightly smacking Ty on the back of the neck.

Ty held his neck and quieted down, along with the rest of us. Just then Zac stood up, taking the moment as a time to speak up. “Jax, man you know that all the others in our month will figure it out some way! They will have the advantage we will wish we had.”

It was completely quiet in the room. We all agreed with Zac but none of us had the courage to stand up to Jax. We all watched for Jax reaction to Zac’s outburst.

Jax glared at us, challenging us to stand up to him again. Finally, I stood up and roughly pushed Zac down, back into his seat. I don’t have the patience to sit and watch this fold out. I stared up at Jax since he is a foot taller than me. “Zac is right, we need the advantage that everyone else will definitely have.”

Jax tried to say something, but I interrupted him. “But you have reasons, right? I want to hear them.”

He looked at me, then sighed, exhausted from the arguing. Pulling out his chair, he sat down and began to explain.

“Anyone who tries to tell us what happens in TDG, all tell us different things. That makes me think of two different options: Either they are all lying… or the Thinkers alternate the challenges in TDG every month.” He finished.

All five of us sat in our crumbling Mackey D’s thinking of our future.

For the rest of the afternoon we discussed The Deciding Games(TDG). In the end we decided we think the Thinkers(people who control TDG) change what happens every month. So we decide to go by Jax’s plan and just wait out TDG.

Now we all walk back to the apartment together. Skipping along in the middle of the walkway, i followed the faded yellow line. It skipped a few feet and then continued about a foot away. Grass poked out on the edges of the place everyone walks.

Big things on the side of the road with popped wheels on the bottom and broken glass inside it. Usually we avoided these things, nobody knew what they were, none the less wanted to mess with them. Plus they were charred for a reason, maybe they were broken so people caught them on fire?

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted. “Hey Jax, can we go to the Wall tomorrow?” Kat asked, turning her head to face Jax.

He agreed, saying we needed to see it again before we leave for the games. I’ve only seen the Wall once and that was from afar and before I even knew Jax. The Wall holds in our city.

No one has ever tried to get out though, because its practically a death wish. The Wall is not literally a wall, it’s a line. A line that’s burnt into the ground and traces a circle around our city. Any person can cross it easily, but you don’t want to. If you go to The Outside you will show up in the center of our city, exactly 24 hours after you exited, dead.

Zac says he heard that once you go out, you can’t come in unless you die. According to him, there is a force field on the outside. Everyone in our group of friends can figure out what that means; To keep something out.

 A/N- sorry its so short! i had to stop it somewhere! next chap will be longer!