Chapter 7

I walk towards the main office with Kat by my side. Our feet fall into step with each other and I skipped in my step, trying to keep it up. Even if she is short, that doesn't mean she doesn't walk fast.

Kat looks down and see's our feet. She then looks up to me with an excited expression on. She stares at our feet for the next few minutes; skipping, hopping, and double stepping in attempt to keep it going.

Sometimes I think she's too easily entertained, almost like a child. But then I remember that sometimes you just need to act that way. Just to keep your sanity a little while longer in a stressful life.

I was torn out of my thoughts suddenly by a strange feeling. I feel eyes burning through my black jacket and T-shirt. Green eyes. Burning their way, trying to find something.Bren had left after Kat and I did, following us the whole way. Kayla had stormed out of the room after she read the schedule. We left soon after that, going to breakfast before the meeting.

Kat silently cussed, tripping on her feet. I react quickly, grabbing on to her arm and pulling her up before she was even down.

"Thanks Camie." She muttered, looking up for the first time since we left the bunker.Together we walk through the door to the building. I try to signal Ty, clicking and searching for him at the same time.

I hear his answering clicks and see him at a table in the middle of the room. Looking over, I see Jax and Zac already sitting with him.

Kat seems to walk a little faster after seeing them. When she get to the picnic like table, she slides from the edge of the seat to Zac and picks some chicken off his plastic blue tray. She throws it in to her mouth and begins to chew.

Zac opens his mouth, ready to say something to her. Kat interjects by closing his mouth, putting her hand under Zac's chin and snapping it closed.

With her mouth full of half chewed food she says, "Zac, close your mouth. You'll catch flies."

I expect him to slap her or at least say something but he just blushes, color filling his pale cheeks.

"Sit down Camie." Ty tells me, still laughing at Zac and Kat.

Jax nods, agreeing. "Yeah, take a seat. You can have my food. I really don't have much of an appetite." He looks down at his food sadly.

I debate over it for a few moments before I shrug and slide his tray towards me.

Breakfast passes quickly, most people don't have appetites.  Food is still piled on the plastic blue trays when the stout man from yesterday appears. He climbs up a few stairs until he reaches the stage near the front of the room. In his hand he holds his microphone and a black (insert description here) bag.

The bag has multiple lumps near the bottom, weighing it down.

"Eh hem! Excuse me children. Pay attention to me." he called out to the suddenly full tables.

"Okay, here's how it's going to happen. We are going though with the SPAK game today. I will call each of you up, so stand up here," he motioned to the general area around him. "And pick a rock from my bag BUT don't look at it yet. Whatever color rock you are, that's the team you are on."

He looked around at our blank faces. It may have been the nerves that made us feel like being quiet. Or it could have been because we didn't want to say anything wrong. There is no need to make enemies this early in.

Maybe I was thinking too strategically.

So he called up a couple names until suddenly I hear "Camie...?" He looked around. "Do we have a Camie out there?"